Negri R220t - pto chipper/shredder

rowan lee

I think this is the older model, which has been replaced by the 225 today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsProBexev0]Negri R220T[/ame]

I dont really know much about these machines but have been keen to purchase a cheap(ish) second hand pto chipper/shredder for some time now, only for private use mind.

This wee model has come up for sale locally for about a grand, and looks to be in good condition, bar a couple of minor issues that the trader will sort out before its sale.

I like the fact that this model in direct drive with shear bolt rather then the traditional v-belt drive models, which should eliminate wearing parts.

It has two new cutting blades and the hammers look to be sound.

I havent seen it running yet, but this should happen sometime next week.

Anyone had any experience with this Negri model. Any pointers on general pto chippers 'look out fors' before i purchase.

Cheers Rowan. :thumbup1:

A call to Nigel and Ian at Fletcher Stewart in Stockport may help, they used to be the importers or 'phone Kilworths atAshby de la Zouch as the are the current people. Wet mushy stuff to be shredded is likely to block the chute up I know that!