Teupen Leo 15 GT

John Hancock

Teupen are bomb proof and everything is fail to safe.

However, the 15 has a set footprint and only has 6.4m outreach, outreach being the most important value in my opinion.

The basket RQG15, does all that the Teupen does except adjustable tracks but has a far better outreach of 8.7m.

2.3m is a huge amount when you can't quite reach that branch.,

Teupen are bomb proof and everything is fail to safe.

However, the 15 has a set footprint and only has 6.4m outreach, outreach being the most important value in my opinion.

The basket RQG15, does all that the Teupen does except adjustable tracks but has a far better outreach of 8.7m.

2.3m is a huge amount when you can't quite reach that branch.,

I had experience of a leo 15gt on one occasion and the tracks move down and outwards making the track width wider and increasing its ground clearance. However this is achieved by putting the legs down and pulling out pins on each side to let the tracks slide out.

the unit was very stable and has a very low ground pressure.

unfortunately that particular day we had a leaking hose which was fixed before we started work, but that happens to all machines.

the 200kg 2 man basket was spacious and offered good maneuverability.

only negative i can think of being that the controls are captive on the basket and nowhere else. our climber left the basket to do some work from within the canopy (only access to the tree with the lift was from next door's garden in the end, (wasnt planned like that)) and would have liked it if we could have lowered the basket back down and moved the machine away from the tree, but due to no extra or remote controls he had to climb back into the basket. I believe the higher spec leos have removable and remote control sets, perhaps it is available as an option on the 15

Im afraid much of my experience was 1st hand observation as I wasnt actually flying the thing, but I hope it's of some use

the only drawback I