New Zealand Tree Stuff. (from anybody with NZ Stuff)

Albedo

That looks like the Raetihi - National Park Road Paul. Must have been doing work for PowerCo at a guess. Stunning part of the country unless you get stuck in a snow storm like I did.........on the side of Mt Ruapehu in a 4WD drive that couldn't pull the skin off a cold rice pud. Needless to say was slightly embarresed having to call the plod out to rescue me and the missus of the side of the mountain in a raging blizzard. Back to the Landrovers for me.

Yep thats Raetihi side (again forgot name if you hadn't said), we did all the powerco stuff based out of Whanganui and Parmy. Nice that you took us to the top with that shot.

Heres one from the Desert road side when it had just erupted a bit, you can see the black stuff running down the side. Don't know if its ash or larva.

597655e9585dc_RuapehuEruption7.jpg.147dd34780537ea0af769c2cdf7fd46d.jpg

597655e953d5d_RuapehuEruption5.jpg.a94c3154a7923c03412f06c7de4f2616.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good trout fishing in that river too!

and if your sneaky like us we caught one on a handline with a worm while going for eels. mind you it was a lot further upstream then this pic. :blushing:

I reckon everybody should make an effort to see NZ and do it justice. Anything under 5 weeks involves missing a whole lot of the country.

I spent 27 years and I still haven't covered all areas yet....

I would recommend 3 weeks in the south and 2 in the north if you had to limit your time.:thumbup:

Why are all these cans and bottles of beer appearing in the NZ tree stuff thread?

Did you live there for 27 years treeson?

I know what you mean about limitless places to explore, its amazing. Never stuck for something to do, but not always a pub at the end of a hike:001_smile:

DSCN1807.jpg.1f079addda1df0730809a04c6e4c0416.jpg

Yeah well to put it another way I never really left for 27 years considering I'm 27 :001_rolleyes:

Having been here in the U.K for 6 months I know what you mean by the lack of pubs at the end of a good walk in NZ. :biggrin:

Mind you I would quite often just take a couple of cans for a walk and have them on top of a nice hill or something.

Yeah well to put it another way I never really left for 27 years considering I'm 27 :001_rolleyes:

Having been here in the U.K for 6 months I know what you mean by the lack of pubs at the end of a good walk in NZ. :biggrin:

Mind you I would quite often just take a couple of cans for a walk and have them on top of a nice hill or something.

I just realised from your post in taupomans thread that your'e the kiwi living in scotland, that had the surfboard avatar. Good to have some real live proper kiwi's contributing to the NZ stuff, we might get something right now and again :001_smile:

forgot these ones. rebuilding the ponga lounge suite and a beer overlooking Rangitoto Island from Kennedy Park.

The first pics of the ponga lounge suite show how tall these things get. that L shaped seat was made with two pongas. 2.5m long poles cut from two 17-19 metre tall dead pongas.(Dicksonia squareosa -dont quote me on spelling)

I have a few of these carvings around the site, kind of freaks some of my mates out but I enjoy doing them with the stubs that are left.

:thumbup1:

summit.jpg.bd6840bb89b70ca15edbc3b4bbdc493d.jpg

597655eb4f48a_campsitedickhead.jpg.fc1a1693ed419b757ea7e2edd5ef2537.jpg

597655eb4cc77_campsiteguardian.jpg.f5e56c93514f319aac53be63aa209fdb.jpg

597655eb4a47a_campsiteloungesuite.jpg.ab9096e7cc57fee920fe227ab1fb9363.jpg