Picus Lite

Amelanchier

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI it is substantialy cheaper than its big brother, i have used the lite, is good but not as good as the picus tom, i can see it being great for aerial use... For anyone thinking of buying a picus in any form would suggest saving your money and buying a nylon hammer and going on mike ellison's course - once you get an ear for the sound you can compete with the picus.......:)

HI it is substantialy cheaper than its big brother, i have used the lite, is good but not as good as the picus tom, i can see it being great for aerial use... For anyone thinking of buying a picus in any form would suggest saving your money and buying a nylon hammer and going on mike ellison's course - once you get an ear for the sound you can compete with the picus.......:)

Si...mucho greaso the ol palmo for an interpretation that is as wild as mild oftentimes...all good fun but wouldnt want to spend on this one personally.....:drunk:

I've always appreciated the simplicity and effectiveness of the hammer! The idea is for a belt and braces approach to disputed trees though, so the LITE would add, not replace, to our arsenal!

Does it take much more time to setup and use than the ful fat picus?

I've always appreciated the simplicity and effectiveness of the hammer! The idea is for a belt and braces approach to disputed trees though, so the LITE would add, not replace, to our arsenal!

Does it take much more time to setup and use than the ful fat picus?

Takes less time than the full fat picus but the results are not as conclusive. The picus is great when showing non arbs the severity of decay, if thats what you need to prove a case to sceptics and back up your decisions then the picus is what you want, if you want to do trees over DBH 36 then you need the full fat picus as the lite isnt very accurate on larger trees.