small chipper (entec) battery

Charlieh

chees everyone for the help and contact numbers much appreciated, i have had a fiddle about and it appears extra padding had been put into the case, and an 038 type does just fit, and is a lot more reasonable,

I have just spoken to a few places the prices vary from £60 at two large mainstream tyre and battery places, but the local motor factors has just done me a very good deal on his last exide one (£40), apparently many of the manufacturers are stopping making this size battery, and this was the last one they have in stock, but its got to come from the other depot, so i will be picking it up on my way past on Friday,

Cheers again Guys, much appreciate your help on this,

and Martin cheers for that No. always handy to have info on local co's that can get stuff in quickly, especially if they do ag bits as well,

picked up: via this forum,

Condition: carb strip and clean, no drive belts, wireloom shot to bits, ignition knacked, no solenoid, fuel pump strip and rebuild as not working, just need to do some minor welding to tidy it up, then a clean off of the rust and respray, basically it has sat outside for a long time, the flywheels and bearings are all spot on, but it looks a bit tatty, put it this way it still has the warning stickers in the feed hopper, despite the plate on the engine putting it at 1990

Money: not a lot (plus about £120 for parts and wd-40 in serious ammounts and my time for all the bits and rebuilding the engine)

They're excellent tools when used within their limitations, just try and keep the brash as straight as possible and jobs a gud un.

I'm sure you know already but saturn machine knives in sheffield do the blades for them. I keep a couple of sets and send them all off for sharpening as the p&p can work out more than the sharpening cost. Mind you buxtons near you is probably as cheap for that.

R

yep i have looked at the saturn blades, once its all up and running i want to get a spare set, but the ones on it are fairly tidy, I think this is about the biggest chipper i would want to be pulling with my ATV anyway which was part of the reason for going for a smaller machine, and this one came in well under budget, and is more than enought for what i want as its not going to be used daily and through the summer it will probably stand idle quite a bit, so buying something very expensive is just out the window, but renting isnt really an option as this winter jobs have been shifted about cos of the weather etc, so having your own kit is just easier