zip line beech

sean

why bother replying? who reading this post is to know whats right or wrong? Its v.basic physics but it doesn't matter if you don't understand just carry on making it up & if anyone chalenges you intelectually just shout louder & if that fails, just make fun & call them names instead! Real Mature. If you google physics for dumbies, mechanical advantages i'm sure u'll c what a 2-1 4-1 6-1 & 8-1 advantage is.

at least you know how to endear yourself to people:001_smile:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind your neck in son. I see your source and I raise you diagram 3...

[Pulley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia]

ahhh wiki the fountain of all knowledge. Monkeyeds pic is not of a 3-1 set up it is 2-1. on wiki there is a pic of a 3-1 setup which would not typically be used by an arborist as they would be using two twin pulleys & providing they anchor these pulleys at the right end of the fiddle block they shall acheave a 4-1 advamtage. If they anchor it at the wrong end of the rig then they would only acheive a 3-1 but why would you do this??? if you were to only have three single pulleys & have a desire to tension a speedline with your back to it then you could tecknically obtain a 3-1 pull but i have never heard of any1 tensioning a speedline with their back to it. As for my source of diagram I just drew it on word and in all fairness in my haste i jeffed up when drawing them & did draw a 3:1 when i ment to draw a 4-1 and a 4-1 redirected.:blushing:

It has to go in even numbers when using ropes & pulleys, the only way to get an odd advantage is to set up 2 tripple pulleys in a draditional fiddle block rig then set 1 pulley with the rope passing off the fiddle block & onta an anchor then pull on this pulley by its narrow end.

How are your chips?

and this...image004.jpg

WRONG!! y dont you think or question what you see presented to you? some of your diagrams are correct, some are wrong. Your diagrams make my point all by their self!! the 3-1 in the above diagram is the EXACT thing we were discussing and is OBV wrong! just look at it, then the 1 on wiki then this one again then the 1 on wiki:thumbup: