Sawpod

Steve Bullman

How many people out of interest are using sawpods?

ive been using one for about 18 months now. im on my second one. the first one lasted over a year and was only the top strap that had any ammount of wear on it.

I love carrying the saw on my leg..i had played around with numerous methods of strapping it to my leg including riveting straps straight to the saw sheath, this worked well but didnt last too long.

i also find i lose the saw less that what i used to with it on my waist. about the only problem i really have is the chainsaw lanyard sometimes snages beneath it but this is more than outweighed by its benefits...all in all a big thumbs up from me

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree with steve here, Sawpod is excellent for climbing and ground pruning, in orchards, garden shrubs etc. No more fumbling on your belt to try and drop the saw in the scabbard. And on the ground, less likelihood of sudden impalation courtesy of a falling Zubat, which for those that dont know, will fall handle first, thus the saw is in cutting mode, at speed!! How much damage will that do to bone etc? And you wont hear it coming!!

i use 1 and like it,the main disadvantage i find is that sometimes it twists round my leg without me noticing then when you go to bend your leg the saw handle is jammed in the back of the knee.

best thing is when ya get in an awkward position to cut and hold a piece you don't have to fish around trying to find the scabbard

• 2 months later...

I also really like the sawpod. It's the most secure way of attaching a saw to the leg(for me anyway). I do think that this product could be improved though. I think some heavy duty velcro straps would be nice. My biggest issue with it though is the plastic rectangle pieces on the straps. They always(and I mean from day one) twist 90 degrees when I cinch tight to my leg.

i have to echo that point about the **** plastic rectangles. they are no good, they always flick to the side and im sure they will be the first thing to break. apart from that they are the business. i did lose my silk from lifting my leg up high today, but i dont think you can solve that without attaching the handle to the scabbard or the saw pod but then that will take away from the ease of use. im thinking of spraying my silky handle flourescent pink not because im a homo but its the only colour which will stand out.