Quad Quandary

Bart

Had our quad a Honda Foreman ES 450cc nicked by some thieving toe rag two and a bit years ago :angry: and my knees & back are saying its time for another. Would like the same again but not seen that many about got about £3k to spend, been thinking of down sizing to a Honda TRX 350 4 wheel drive. Read the other quad threads and was just wondering what peoples opinions are on them and how they compare with each other.

It will be used on an estate for all sorts of stuff, general transport, moving fire wood, extracting wood n such like.

My old beloved Honda foreman es :love:

quadcrop.jpg

To the t**** who nicked it I hope you crashed and are paralyzed from the neck down :stickyman:

Sorry for the potentially bad language mods delete if necessary, just needed to vent my anger.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Andy, from what ive read a 350 should be capable for my needs, just wanted some other opinions/thoughts

Feel bad about posting:blushing: but had to express my feelings about the theft, really upset me.

It was stolen from the side of my house at lunch time, i was sat out the back, attached was a trailer with 4 saws, blower, strimmer. They unhooked the trailer and pushed the quad off. Got two dogs and not even a slight woof of trouble, went round and quad was gone trailer and tools still there, metal bar and chain left on their exit route, kind of glad i dint see them cos either i would have got battered or i may have gone for the rifle.

I just bought a grizzly 450 and what a piece of kit that is. there are some about for less than 3k. Mine is bolted to the floor, in a secure garage, with cctv and a german shepherd out side.

AYA no2 with some aa cartridges next to the slippers and pipe!!! I await the scum bags!!! lol

Yeah Andy the next one will defiantly have a loud alarm, and ideally a tracker so they can be hunted down. Got a tracker fitted to my landy after i rebuilt it in case that gets nicked.

Cheers Theocus ive looked at other brands but really want to sick to Honda, know my way around them and can get parts easily close by. Garage security isnt really an issue more when im out and about think i will also buy/make some type of wheel clamp for it.

I ought to delete it all, but I feel your pain, having had the same model nicked 2years ago. Anyway, I had the 350 fourtrax, good little all rounder for tree work, plenty of grunt and traction.

i use the 350 now and is ideal for what i need its size makes it ideal in the woods and it will pull the chipper as well cant ask for more.

On a slight tangent, but may give you a little heart to know there is occasionally a rightous outcome to these things.

Back before Christmas they opened a well known outdoors shop in Cardiff the sort of place you may go if you go outdoors a lot.

Allegedly

Anyway they got broken into one night, through the back apparently, and had a large quantity of very expensive outdoor clothing nicked. (About £40k) The police were there within 4 minutes of the alarm sounding but couldn't gain access through the font and the rear backed onto a railway line. It would appear the ne'erdowells had already gone anyway.

They had made good there escape on a pair of quadbikes and lived on a local estate further up the rail line. They apparently used the railway line as a place to play on their quads regularly as the police gave them too much hassle if they rode them round illegally on the road. :confused1:

They therefore knew the lines pretty well. What they hadn't accounted for was the train that was going in for maintenance that met them in the tunnel head on while making their way home with their ill gotten gains.

The one was killed outright the other one was badly injured I believe, and it turned out that the quad was stolen too.

What gobsmacked me was the locals there had a period of mourning for the loss of this fella who apparently, "just wanted some fun."