Tree Motion...

Bundle 2

Oh, this just in! Global warming is causing the blue color of the sky to shift over to the violet spectrum, so all people with fair skin MUST cover themselves to avoid third degree burns.

The EPA has stated in a press release that there is no danger to the public, however the EPA is urging folks to not look at the pretty violet color while driving as this may, or may not, cause accidents.

:)

Thanks for the heads up Frans, i'll make sure to stock up on the spf 50 this summer.

On another note, i've been trying to read up on the Treemotion but can find little information regarding the wear of the leg straps, i've heard rumours that they are redsigning the ali hardwear the straps run through, and that this may be the reason for the delays. But i'm not sure if its rumour or true.

I do know that the leg loops are wearing a bit to fast on some harnesses, two colleague I work with have heavily worn straps after 6 months use, both have been told that they can have this repaired for free.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... wearing out within 6 months at there price thats disgraceful.

one of the guys I work with was waiting for his for about 6 months last year!

6 months + 6 months

looks like they last a year from when you pay for it.

Maybe its a case of " good things come to those who wait" ? I tried the saddle at the APF last show back there.... It is a seemingly new concept saddle.I guess you argue it is an excercise in redesigning the wheel but in comparison to the set ups Ive viewed paraded on treebuzz, it has been redesigned from principle and objective. It sure looks pretty whacky ( no offence) Its a great disappointment that delivery and teething problems have overshadowed the launch. It is a long time to wait and no I would not be happy to suffer the indignation of 6 months to return a saddle ( I mean, what do you do in the interim?) but hey...thats exactly what I jus opted to do...Please dont let me down guys....:bebored:

The issues with the saddle stem from the finish on the alum rings referred to above. These components are being subjected to a more comprehensive process in order to remove a small but crucially located and very damaging burr which has seen webbing destroyed in alarmingly little time I gather. This presumably will correct the fault that I have been assured was not as widespread as rumour may have seemed to suggest.

I have no idea why it is taking so long to produce the saddle since. It must be harder than anticipated .

The issues with the saddle stem from the finish on the alum rings referred to above. These components are being subjected to a more comprehensive process in order to remove a small but crucially located and very damaging burr which has seen webbing destroyed in alarmingly little time I gather. .

I've looked at the joining ali hardwear on 2 first run saddles, and can see no burr, i'd be shocked if there was a burr on such and item as this. What I do see is a tight radius and slightly sqaure edge (I assume this is what has been refered to as a burr).

On the saddles i've seen one has had twice as much use, yet the other is less used is showing more wear, I put this down to how the sadle is adjusted for the wearer and his climbing style. Something that would be hard to pick up on in research and development.

The only way I can see to prolong the life of the leg straps is to redesign the joining ali hardwear to allow a larger radius, kind of like what you see on a treemagic or butterfly, not through better polishing as that looks fine to me.

I know a little about burrs and finishing as I spent nearly 2 years doing exactly that kind of job with all materials for formula one teams and scientific establishments.

I'm still going to get a treemotion in the near future, unless something radically better comes out, its a top harness no matter what I think of the ali connecting hardware, i was just thinking out loud.

I'm still going to get a treemotion in the near future, unless something radically better comes out, its a top harness no matter what I think of the ali connecting hardware, i was just thinking out loud.

You se now I was just starting to think that you made some intelligent remarks about the harness hardware mate when you ruined it by saying that the hardware isues didnt matter, you wre to have one anyway.

This is crazy brother...I will not buy substandard equipment and I dont think you should either man...I really do hope the problems get sorted finally b4 it all gets very Mickey Mouse.:icon14: