Jet washing patio/drves

kerryp

1 hour ago, kerryp said:

Evening all been thinking ov starting to do drives/patios cleaning and reseal my question is do you use customers water supply or use your own tanks any info be great 👍 

It varies in all honesty I do a fair bit of pressure washing.

If the customer is happy for you to use their supply then do it, but you sometimes need to fill a drum and suck water from it as their water supply isn’t sufficiently putting the flow out you need and you end up burning pumps out. Sometimes the customer is on a water meter and want you to supply your own water so you just price accordingly I have 2 pressure washers a Brendon 20kpe 140 bar and a Brendon diesel road tow one with a bowser both used for different applications but wouldn’t be without either 👍 it’s nice when it’s going good    but you do have problems now and then especially with tarmac & concrete. With the concrete people put salt down for killing slugs or ice ect and it damages the concrete then you come along with 2000 psi and start pressure washing then it starts flaking and peeling then the customer holds you liable for the damage or the tarmac has diesel & oil spilled on it and when your cleaning it lifts the soft spots then you’ve caused damages so it has it perks but also it’s downsides but I’ll be honest it’s easy work for good money 

Just to add that a lot of people’s patios are pointed with resin joint it it goes Green within 12 months and when you try to pressure wash it it blows out because they’ve just brushed it into the joints rather than pointed it properly 

Jack

Edited by Jwoodgardenmaintenance
More info
  • Like 2