tw190 non turbo

combined tree services

hiya im really hoping you can hepl me out . we were using out 190 yeasterday on site all morning when suddenly the chipper sounded like it has stalled while we were chipping, at the same time a cloud of whitey bluey smoke came from the engine box and it smelt like burnt belts , then it started to pick up again but the whole machine was then vibrating realy badly , i have looked at the engine and all looks to be ok , the engine still sounds sweet when we started it up , but there is still alot of vibration and a mettaly sound . any ideas as to what it could be ?? i was guessing that as the chipper has not done a tought 650 hours that it may well be the bearings gone . if so is are the parts costly and with a moderate ammount of mechanicle knowlege could a do the repair my self ??

many thanks

Dave @ combined tree services

Hi Dave

It certainly sounds like your rotor bearings have failed.

Please do not run the machine with the bearings failed as if you do it will cause even more damage to parts.

The parts are not costly but without having the unit stripped down to check what is required you cannot guess at what needs replacing and what the parts costs will be.

As for doing the work yourself, only you can decide, the procedure to follow is not complicated but if you come across a problem and you do not have the knowledge or the tools you may cause more damage, we would recommend that you take the unit to one of our dealers who have been trained to put things right.

Contact us again if we can be of further assistance, call the main number and ask for Tech Support and we will do all we can.

regards

Timberwolf Tech Support

Thanks timbewolf , i will be taking the machine to a dealer to have the work done as i really do not have the time to be trying to do the work . i have heard that when these bearings go it normally damages the rotor . Is that the case normally ?? also where in cornwall is there to take the chipper to have the work done by guys that know what they are doing ?? i know Holt jcb are now the approved dealer down here but im not sure just how much the fiters know about timberwolfs or how much they have done with a 190 before , only asking as they have not been dealers for long at all

Many thanks again

Dave

Hi Dave

As you say Holt JCB are the local dealer to you for this bearing change.

There is a possibility that you may have damaged the rotor but it depends on how long you operated the unit with failed bearings.

Holt JCB have had an engineer into our works for full training so I know there is at least one guy who knows what he is doing on Timberwolf,

Another dealer is D.S.Bennet who operate in Devon if they are nearer to you contact no. 01822 618070

Hope that this helps

Timberwolf Tech Support