Hamadryads fungus diary

I'd imagine you'll be keeping tabs of the aurivella development, right?

Have a doubt about the Gleoephyllum.

Ischnoderma resinosum has been suggested by a couple of people.

They do look, (in some texts) fairly similar.

Did this really have a strong aniseed odour?

I can't really remember. :confused1:

There have only ever been 13 finds of odoratums, and most of these from much further north. Where as Ischno is listed I think 153 times.

Have sent up an email to Martin at Kew, & may send down a slice for some confo.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, Ive got a fruit body ready to go! i was getting it for certain too!

I did think of that as an alternative, but i am 99% certain with only your pip making me doubt myself! I shall go out to get it from the car and check it all over AGAIN! lmao

we love it dont we monkey! lol

I've got to stop basing my field hunches on a 17 quid Id book.

It's just not good enough.

Going to take a much more applied approach, and take in the bigger picture.

Was casper & andy who felt it was more likely to be resi.

Still think it's a good find, and a first for me. :thumbup1:

I've got to stop basing my field hunches on a 17 quid Id book.

It's just not good enough.

Going to take a much more applied approach, and take in the bigger picture.

Was casper & andy who felt it was more likely to be resi.

Still think it's a good find, and a first for me. :thumbup1:

dont be so hard on yourself david, its always going to be tougher when its a first find of a thing, and making a prelimanary rough ident is the first stage, its then all about eliminations.

hows this for a first, real shame as we almost tod on this on the foray, found when I retraced our walk! lesson learnt, Eyes i have, liek an hawk:thumbup1:

Otidia onotica The hares ears

5976581742486_WW1992010C2054.jpg.4384a00ca052a4caa24bd7096df91b69.jpg

i reckon thats hares ears more opened too david.

there are a number of otidea, all are recognised by animal ear shape, a darker one os the toads ear. O. bufonia

the hares ear will darken a little pink interior sometimes (older bodies?) have little darker freckles inside hence with the shape the name.

Nice shot & find indeed.

I came across this the other day, hadn't thought around an Id yet.

Possibly an Otidea then.

Shame I stood on it as I was taking a oicture of that wrinkled Peach

You bid clutz David!!:lol:

I was just reading your posts guys.....I am not much help here but, as Tony thrust a mushroom under my nose from the boot of his car, exclaiming the strong odour of iodine was unmistakeable, I have to say, I didn't find the smell atall strong....And this from a a recently revived ol' factory resurrection!:confused1: ( given up smokin'see...nag nag, wink etc )

Anyhoo, didn't think the smell of aniseed was so strong myself...infact, markedly indistinctive!:smoker:

David, I am within a year or two going to be able to draw some equity from the house and get a high st mortgage, when i do I am putting a log cabin down the garden with the full kit and caboodle, You know it will be accses all areas as far as your concerned.

I can see you and me doing some fine stuff together in the future, time allowing on your side of course! plenty of time when the lads are older!

You bid clutz David!!:lol:

I was just reading your posts guys.....I am not much help here but, as Tony thrust a mushroom under my nose from the boot of his car, exclaiming the strong odour of iodine was unmistakeable, I have to say, I didn't find the smell atall strong....And this from a a recently revived ol' factory resurrection!:confused1: ( given up smokin'see...nag nag, wink etc )

Anyhoo, didn't think the smell of aniseed was so strong myself...infact, markedly indistinctive!:smoker:

I had just washed my hands to be fair!

and having the bruised and blackened body ffragment from davids well walked in pocket didnt help! i do have the body of one bracket behind me now though and with dirty hands, its a very subtle scent but not aniseed just resinous!:thumbup1:

The other ident features are Rotten logs, which we dint know before and as you can see the log is indeed, "well rotten"