Hamadryads fungus diary

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you find a species of fungi that has evolved ejaculation methods let me know!

all wind dispersals as far as i know of fungi, but obviously, the puff balls use rain to power the dispersal as you know.

Knock ya self out Hammy :biggrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4n0b5rMqE0]YouTube - Fungus cannon[/ame]

Fungi break acceleration record to escape dung (flv video) free file download at fliiby.com

:thumbup:

Ive been looking around again, for inspiration and incentive to continue in my quest to get another pro spec camera. On my searches i came across this site, and it has some of the finest photography youll ever see of the subject, it is rather fustrating for me, knowing I too can create these kind of quality images, if only I had the D5......

enjoy

Fungi Photos Pictures, Fungi Photo Gallery | PhotoBank NaturePhoto-CZ

DAVID OSBORN NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY - Fungi - Gallery 1

FungiPhoto.com Mushroom Photo Catalog

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

They have no Innonotus...and the alphabetical list is..well.....not very alphabetical! Some nice shots though. Makes you realise just how much it takes to create an anywhere near comprehensive catalog.....!

lol. yes, there arent many mycos out there that have as many species as they would like, and often rely on contributions via many others on publishing a book.

tree fungi in particular.

if I showed the list of "i must gets" it would make you wonder why im even trying! makes the " i already have list" look somewhat insignificant!:laugh1:

Argh life is good, I had feared the hive of activity in the mycelial world early on had meant i had blown it for the foray date. i should have not worried, as predicted Whip has come to life, in a way and like ive never seen, we will have a mighty fine foray indeed on saturday and i am looking forward to showing all who come along what a sad little world i live and thrive in! lmao

Today i got a special find for me, my first sighting of the larch bolete, one ive wanted for so long! i got a tad over excited on this one!

Armilaria mellea- The honey fungus

5976580176bfc_Asplenifioliummeripilus186.jpg.ca8513d888fca0ae964e3e7e8bbe7000.jpg

Chondrostereum purpureum

59765801793c3_Asplenifioliummeripilus194.jpg.cbbc6ec38a6cac8462ad3079cd2a127d.jpg

Daedaleopsis conragosa- the blushing bracket

597658017bded_Asplenifioliummeripilus210.jpg.08a53cfc44e4db067d09286e1a3600c9.jpg

Macrolepiota procera- the parasol

597658017dd31_larchbolete13910064.jpg.207fbdb610f6f823d34c522e478ed30b.jpg

Suillus grevillei- the larch bolete:001_cool:

59765801800ae_larchbolete13910152.jpg.51b379bfbed72f4666057b7980e6c81c.jpg

A little warning for budding forayers!

I have been looking at shrooms for so long now im getting into the "hands on" sort of investigating, even trying a few for the table. Now as i tell you this I can literaly taste the darn thing, it was that bad!

I found these shrooms recently, seen them before but never really took much notice (not photogenic enough!) however, i had a bit of a play with these this time as there was a red cracked bolete amoungst them.

Afterwards i rubbed my face and more importantly my lips, 5 mins later and my face was going numb and i had a bitter taste in my mouth. i knew I had touched a toxic fungi immidietly and though confidant I had got off lightly due to the strength of reaction, today i looked this blighter up!

Paxillus involutus- The brown roll rim a mycorrhizae AKA "the poison Pax!"

597658065dfc8_61209404.jpg.e1b268b1b7f10afc9c22d111d6983ce6.jpg