Hamadryads fungus diary

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First a confession! all above images of trametes suaveolens are probably mis identified!

even i get things wrong!

now, wanna see ganoderma resinaceum sporalating?

Sorry for the quality, youll have to watch closely to see it, but you can make it out, like smoke coming out of the fruiting bodies every so often a little plume comes out.

I will get a decent camera and do this better for next chance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U-xb3sKYGI]YouTube - windsor 341[/ame]

I met up with another arbtalker today (brushcutter) as he had posted a fungi that looked rather interesting, it wasnt ischnoderma resinosum, but Inonotus cuticularis, and a bloody good example too, so thanks Andrew:thumbup1:

We spent a couple of hours hunting up around the ashridge estate, and I am truly stunned by the fact ive been so close to this part of the estate but missed it all these years. i shall be going back sunday to get you all the shots I missed for a lack of light!:thumbup1:

Inonotus dryadeus

597657ef633d7_ashridgefrishden056.jpg.def03cb13df6a7199a4ed0641fa14915.jpg

Peniophora lycii

597657ef68ffe_ashridgefrishden071.jpg.245c40f680fd7d50e40f50d8780cac33.jpg

Inonotus cuticularis

597657ef6d072_ashridgefrishden092.jpg.a38640fbccbf161a473dee8ab7691221.jpg

Aminita fulva

597657ef6f506_ashridgefrishden108.jpg.1f1bc2d272c2ac7de089eb7340b4fd52.jpg

inonotus nodulosus (to be confirmed)

597657ef74994_ashridgefrishden123.jpg.0b1f7a7c5c7134c0368ff18c505d4327.jpg

Another shot from the lower portion of that Inonotus cuticularis group, the freshest fruits ive found to date, and due to the form diplayed here took me a while to recognise them. interestingly, as in burnham beeches, i found some Pholiota aurivella stipes hanging down way up in the cavity out of sight. An increasingly common companion to inonotus cuticularis in my observations.:thumbup1: Due to having been up in the cavity and in a dry environment these had gone hard and woody, and at first i thought i was feeling and pulling out twigs! which explains Aurivellas long lasting black stipe remains on many beeches, they appear to have some resilience to degradation. Ive layed them down along the bottom of the image for illustration.

597657ef791d0_ashridgefrishden100.jpg.da3a3d0daf0a70400a20a46952e576f1.jpg

That is indeed a fine example :001_cool:

had beter get it on the directory.

Those dryads look almost as good as the ones in kent?

I thought you might! shall post a few others later.

As for the dryads, they was pretty, but not even 6 on a 10 scale in comparisome to those we found in kent.

The number of Oaks that I now know of colonised by inonotus dryadeus beggars belief, and at least half are very long term colonisations. We are getting a good show lately of all the fungi, recent years have been kind to many a fung hunter!:thumbup: