QTRA... V.T.A..... Or Lantra Pro tree inspection

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a big suspicion that very few QTRA users have. I also suspect that very few QTRA users understand the maths which QTRA is based on.

You do not need to understand the maths to any great extent.You can still use the system. I see delegates getting their knickers in a twist about how it all works and getting completely the wrong end of the stick..( as incidently I think you have by posting the little brainteaser you did...) and jumping to conclusions because the numbers seem to work out that way or something....Mike actually made a pretty good fist of baby stepping folk through the various sticking points. Its easy for some of us to throw our hands in the air declaring the whole arb world is thick but that simply isnt the case...People can be taught to see a system as the queries are answered and most are on board with it by the end...including the most sceptical!

I really dont want to end up in the QTRA frontline as some diehards have before me...My advice is if you think its full of s**T, you need to go get your mind right and do the training!

Im done here guys...:001_tt2:

Bundle - please don't go.

I'm not saying anyone is thick.:confused1:

Would be nice to hear how QTRA users tackle this problem though.

If a landowner has 10,000 trees and by some bizarre coincidence all the trees come up in a QTRA assessment as having a 1:10,000 chance of killing someone, what is the chance that at least one of the trees will kill someone?

:001_smile:

good stuff, i just said it to wind up hamy tbh:biggrin:, when dealing with a human being(customer) you cant just come from one angle, you need to find out what type of person they are, i have had DRs laugh at me for pointing out dead trees, that have fallen down a year later, i have had guys that you could tell anything and they would do or pay it, i have put folk off doing anything because i felt they were to easily persuaded and i would get the feeling rogue traders were about to jump out the bushes. It all depends on the customer. The toffs will pay fortunes for a gadget wielding range rover chap, and the new housing estate guy will laugh when you say leave the aincient oak in the filed just because he cant be bothered moving his satelite dish:thumbdown:

If a landowner has 10,000 trees and by some bizarre coincidence all the trees come up in a QTRA assessment as having a 1:10,000 chance of killing someone, what is the chance that at least one of the trees will kill someone?

:001_smile:

is there a school in the wood? or is it just a statistic thing:confused1::001_smile: