Working for the Govt......

Bundle 2

F.C. mission statement..."Our mission is to protect and expand Britain's forests and woodlands and increase their value to society and the environment"

Way to go FC.....The justification is cited as "economic" but wait a minute, are they not the beneficiary of Govt funds...? I see, they need the dough so they can meet their ever expanding remit.... :001_tongue:

Stopping government turning woodland into wasteland | Environment | The Guardian

Save Bintree Woods

I like this paragraph

SBW says it "naively believed" in the Forestry Commission's commitment to climate change. "It sounds like a bad joke," the campaigning group adds. "How can the Forestry Commission preach in international conferences to developing countries to stop destroying forests in order to feed their people when they propose to destroy this wood just to balance their books?

My mum lives in Bintree and every time i go to visit i walk around these woods some large old beech in one hedge line. This wood was six farms part of the Holkam Hall estate the farms and all hoses and buildings were knocked down to plant the wood. Also the estate owns the playing field and bowls club and they are trying to get permission to build houses on this land so no more village bowls. Bintree is now the end village of the estate but it used to go a lot further inland. My step dad has lived there all his life and used to work horses for an estate farm them were the days he says:001_smile:

I am based in norfolk also and have been linked with this area for one reason or another over the years for nigh on a decade now...

The preamble of recent history surrounding this site reads more like a gradual "creep" of usage designation. It serves to highlight the fickle and directionless planning...Its also a recent plantation.....What a waste of money to keep chopping and changing....

Its a great part of the world. Bintree's wierd the way it gets disected by the main road!

This is the get out clause for the FC,

In a letter to the campaigners, Lord Clark of Windermere, chairman of the Forestry Commission, says: "Synergy with other government policies is a key part of the overall strategy for managing England's forests. This means that there is justification for any woodland where there are mineral reserves being considered in the initial stages of any county minerals plan."

It's simply one rule for them, and another for the rest of us.

This is the get out clause for the FC,

In a letter to the campaigners, Lord Clark of Windermere, chairman of the Forestry Commission, says: "Synergy with other government policies is a key part of the overall strategy for managing England's forests. This means that there is justification for any woodland where there are mineral reserves being considered in the initial stages of any county minerals plan."

It's simply one rule for them, and another for the rest of us.

Yeah, they seem to shoot themselves in the foot abit. The "synergy" with Govt policies blah blah...Hey, its a govt agency, you gotta know which side your beads buttered I suppose.

BUT , it is apparently a contradiction in terms when you see this...

"The UK Forestry Commission (FC) has set out six key ways woodland can mitigate climate change:

* protect the forests we already have

* reduce deforestation

* restore forest cover

* use wood for energy

* replace other materials with wood

* plan to adapt to our changing climate "

To some extent I have no issues with the climate change....only that the objectives are in conflict with their other interests..ie MONEY

You arent gonna save the world from "warming" by planting trees...Thats my opinion and I can see how the FC may think they are qualified to comment on deforestation as a global issue.

It is a bit of a u turn/get out clause: What I totally have failed to grasp is their take on what is of conservation importance...govt or no.:blushing:

And who said their was no money in forestry?:lol: