Tip for hakki pilki

gensetsteve

Hopefully not teaching anyone to suck eggs. Fuelwood advised cheap furniture polish for our kindlet. I took that a bit further and now use a cheap version of wd40 on the splitter and chamber in our 2x . Seems to prevent jams and even logs seem less likely to land end up. Also stops surface rust on splitter. Just make sure you dont stand near out conveyor as they now fly out faster when jamming.

Diesel? :001_tongue:

Noooooooooooooooooo

I am a diesel engineer and hate the smell of the stuff. I use the aerosol cheap stuff something D on the tin. One can lasts days but keeps everything moving and its easier to get the bits of wood out the ram pushes under the splitter. Anyone else got some tips to pass on. I use gates automotive belts on mine find them about £3 ea and very good.

Hopefully not teaching anyone to suck eggs. Fuelwood advised cheap furniture polish for our kindlet. I took that a bit further and now use a cheap version of wd40 on the splitter and chamber in our 2x . Seems to prevent jams and even logs seem less likely to land end up. Also stops surface rust on splitter. Just make sure you dont stand near out conveyor as they now fly out faster when jamming.

Nice tip

will give it a go.

how do you deal with your sawdust? just shovel it out from under the tractor every our or so? or do have some form of extractor to blow it into bags?

Also excuse eggs and sucking but to prevent cut lengths tumbling onto their ends (quite so much) in the splitting shute make sure the output end foot of the machine is slightly higher than the infeed end foot . This ensures that cut lengths have to tumble further to land on end and are therefore less likely to do so.

Nice tip

will give it a go.

how do you deal with your sawdust? just shovel it out from under the tractor every our or so? or do have some form of extractor to blow it into bags?

I move the tractor every few hrs. When I have lots of piles I have a powered sweeper on the bobcat. Normally just burn it unless someone has a use for beech saw dust.

Also excuse eggs and sucking but to prevent cut lengths tumbling onto their ends (quite so much) in the splitting shute make sure the output end foot of the machine is slightly higher than the infeed end foot . This ensures that cut lengths have to tumble further to land on end and are therefore less likely to do so.

We are on a bit of a slope and when going up hill it raises the infeed conveyor and makes it harder to load. I sometimes work up hill to load two wheel drive tippers and if the wind is in the wrong direction. Wind from behind is best no sawdust in the eyes.