Lawyers

Dean Lofthouse

After my and my extended families experiences with Lawyers, I have come to the conclusion that IMO they prey on the vunerable and can only be described as proffensional extortionists.

This is of course just my opinion

My most recent experience was with the Cherry picker accident and the litegation that followed. I was charged £360 for the main Solicitor and £180 for his secretary. If I wanted to up the anti and employ a barrister That would have been £600 per hour plus the dreaded

I would like to know of anyone elses experiences and opinions.

But keep the thread nice and on an even keel please.

If we'd paid attention at school we too could be earning these sums ! A man with a pen will steal more money than any man with a gun !

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to point out that not all lawyers prey on the vulnerable and rip them off. My wife is a lawyer and spends countless hours every week dealing with the legal side of Macmillan Cancer Support - for free. When was the last time you did anything of any worth for charity pecontools?

People who don't know the first thing about tree work might think that we charge a lot of money for what they view as a simple job. You never know what's involved in a job until you do it yourself. And I'm sure if we could get away with charging £500 an hour then most of us would.

Let's hope that you are not ever in a situation where you are in desperate need of a lawyer to defend you pecontools - you might end up agreeing that they're worth there weight in gold if they get you out of some serious sh*t.

I would just like to point out that not all lawyers prey on the vulnerable and rip them off. My wife is a lawyer and spends countless hours every week dealing with the legal side of Macmillan Cancer Support - for free. When was the last time you did anything of any worth for charity pecontools?

People who don't know the first thing about tree work might think that we charge a lot of money for what they view as a simple job. You never know what's involved in a job until you do it yourself. And I'm sure if we could get away with charging £500 an hour then most of us would.

Let's hope that you are not ever in a situation where you are in desperate need of a lawyer to defend you pecontools - you might end up agreeing that they're worth there weight in gold if they get you out of some serious sh*t.

agree a good lawyer can save you thounsands but like all trades your alway have one or two bad eggs

Exactly, you get unscrupulous people in all lines of work. A sh*te builder will end up costing you more than most dealings with a lawyer.

Let's just say there are very few that will say at the very beginning, this is going to cost you a fortune and I honestly think you have no chance of winning.

The legal proffession is riddled with greed, if a lawyer can honestly say, that in their practice, they have never once felt sorry for someone or slightly guilty about their costs then I think it would be a tall claim. Just by having that feeling puts a doubt in their mind about thier charges

Tree surgeons charge high rates yes. How many do you see driving luxury cars or going home to huge pads. None. Because their cost are incurred through their machinery and equipment and can be justified.

Tell me a lwayers costs, telephone, biro, writing pad. and the ability to sit and read paperwork and reference books.

For £600 per hour!!!!!!

I think doing "some" free work for charity goes without saying. It would be pretty mean to charge if you have no overheads.

I have done thousands of hours of conservation work for free. There are one or two people on here that know me and can vouch for me.

I have yet to come across a lawyer who drives a working mans car and lives in a working mans house.

I have two associates who are solicitors and both will readily admit, that the legal proffession is a money machine.

People who need legal help are more often than not, vunerable and desperate, and vunerable and desperate people are easy meat.

IMO of course

Let's just say there are very few that will say at the very beginning, this is going to cost you a fortune and I honestly think you have no chance of winning.

The legal proffession is riddled with greed, if a lawyer can honestly say, that in their practice, they have never once felt sorry for someone or slightly guilty about their costs then I think it would be a tall claim. Just by having that feeling puts a doubt in their mind about thier charges

Tree surgeons charge high rates yes. How many do you see driving luxury cars or going home to huge pads. None. Because their cost are incurred through their machinery and equipment and can be justified.

Tell me a lwayers costs, telephone, biro, writing pad. and the ability to sit and read paperwork and reference books.

For £600 per hour!!!!!!

I think doing "some" free work for charity goes without saying. It would be pretty mean to charge if you have no overheads.

I have done thousands of hours of conservation work for free. There are one or two people on here that know me and can vouch for me.

I have yet to come across a lawyer who drives a working mans car and lives in a working mans house.

I have two associates who are solicitors and both will readily admit, that the legal proffession is a money machine.

People who need legal help are more often than not, vunerable and desperate, and vunerable and desperate people are easy meat.

IMO of course

I think everyone knows that if they employ a lawyer then it's going to cost a lot of money, and if you haven't got a chance of winning your case it's usually pretty obvious.

And as for 'what overheads has a lawyer got?', well about the same as any other type of office work, e.g. banks, estate agents, financial advisers, accountants,etc. What a lawyer has done is 6 years of studying/training that most people would not be capable of doing.

I think everyone knows that if they employ a lawyer then it's going to cost a lot of money, and if you haven't got a chance of winning your case it's usually pretty obvious.

No not really, otherwise we would defend ourselves and we'd all be lawyers

And as for 'what overheads has a lawyer got?', well about the same as any other type of office work, e.g. banks, estate agents, financial advisers, accountants,etc.

How many of them charge £600 per hour to vunerable people who are looking up to them for help.

What a lawyer has done is 6 years of studying/training that most people would not be capable of doing

Many people on this forum have done up to six years studying. Our lass has just completed a degree in Nursing, which took her 1 years study while working then 4 years full time study, only difference is, she gets paid peanuts to LOOK AFTER the weak and vunerable

I think boasting about wealth aquired from looking after weak, vunerable and needy people is very distasteful :thumbsdown:

Lets draw a line under this Cabstar and start again

No not really, otherwise we would defend ourselves and we'd all be lawyers

What I mean is, for example, if you commit a crime then you can expect to be found guilty.

How many of them charge £600 per hour to vunerable people who are looking up to them for help.

Last time we moved I reckon or estate agent made a lot more than £600 per hour out of us.

Many people on this forum have done up to six years studying. Our lass has just completed a degree in Nursing, which took her 1 years study while working then 4 years full time study, only difference is, she gets paid peanuts to LOOK AFTER the weak and vunerable

Sorry to disagree, but studying trees or nursing is no where near as complex as law. Like you say, if it was that easy then we'd all be doing it.

I think boasting about wealth aquired from looking after weak, vunerable and needy people is very distasteful :thumbsdown:

Who's boasting? And I think you'll find that it's your mrs that aquires wealth from looking after weak, vulnerable, needy people. I don't think that is distasteful.

Lets draw a line under this Cabstar and start again

Good idea!:)