Husqvarna 540xp chainbrake install

TTownsend

Had to take the handle apart due to the stop switch got smashed and had to replace it. Took of the the chainbrake handle and fitted the switch no dramas fired her up and was working fine.

When I came to re-install the chainbrake handle i really struggled getting it back in and around the catch that’s on a spring, and with a lot of brute force I got it back together.

Turns out though I put the washer for the nut on the brake facing outwards when In should be facing inwards so it’s rubbing. I’m going to have to take it apart again to correct the washer, but I’m just wondering if there’s a technique to re install the handle without the brute force and swearing ?

Cheers

There is a flanged bush 537 20 28-01 that fits on the crankcase, this gets put in place, the chain brake handle spigot is placed in or near the hole it needs to fit in to above the recoil cover side, the chain brake handle hole that fits on the flanged bush is placed over it, the sprung bar 505 20 12-01 is pushed back with a small screw driver as the handle is pushed in to place. It is relatively easy and simple task.....the bolt 526 83 45-01 is then put back in the hole and done up so it meets the flanged bush however you cant see it mating!

http://www.hsqintec.sk/vykres/t540xp-mot.-pila.pdf

• Like 1

There is a flanged bush 537 20 28-01 that fits on the crankcase, this gets put in place, the chain brake handle spigot is placed in or near the hole it needs to fit in to above the recoil cover side, the chain brake handle hole that fits on the flanged bush is placed over it, the sprung bar 505 20 12-01 is pushed back with a small screw driver as the handle is pushed in to place. It is relatively easy and simple task.....the bolt 526 83 45-01 is then put back in the hole and done up so it meets the flanged bush however you cant see it mating!
http://www.hsqintec.sk/vykres/t540xp-mot.-pila.pdf

Okay great thanks a lot!