Recreational Tree Climbing

Leyburn Lad

Hi all

I am trying to find a piece of woodland or a group of good sized trees in the North Yorkshire area or Durham area for a new business venture, prefrebly with a small building in the wood or near by or some were to put a small cabin.

Myself and a freind have been putting this a plan together to go into recreational climbing but are struggling to find a suitable venue, obviously things are tight as we start out but we would be happy to put some work into the woodland as part payement for rent.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I am trying to find a piece of woodland or a group of good sized trees in the North Yorkshire area or Durham area for a new business venture, prefrebly with a small building in the wood or near by or some were to put a small cabin.

Myself and a freind have been putting this a plan together to go into recreational climbing but are struggling to find a suitable venue, obviously things are tight as we start out but we would be happy to put some work into the woodland as part payement for rent.

Best of luck in your new venture - I think you might need it. A friend of mine went to Genevieve Summer's tree climbing school 'Dancing with trees' in Georgia, USA and became a TCI certified facilitator. He started up a recreational tree climbing company offering everything from an hours climbing to over night tree camping. Despite spending a small fortune on a flash website and loads of advertising he does hardly any business. The fact of the matter is not many people want to climb trees - and pay for the privilege!

Best of luck in your new venture - I think you might need it. A friend of mine went to Genevieve Summer's tree climbing school 'Dancing with trees' in Georgia, USA and became a TCI certified facilitator. He started up a recreational tree climbing company offering everything from an hours climbing to over night tree camping. Despite spending a small fortune on a flash website and loads of advertising he does hardly any business. The fact of the matter is not many people want to climb trees - and pay for the privilege!

Thanks, were going to try and tie in some other things at the same time if we can and make a full package fore the day e.g outdoor skills

The fact of the matter is not many people want to climb trees

Best of luck. It sounds like the sort of thing I would have liked to do if I wasn't getting paid to do it.

I bet we all loved climbing trees as kids. Most people do. Then they get older and stop doing it? I'm sure there is a market out there but it's pretty neiche.

I went out on a rec climb one day. got bored and went home. Tree climbing to me is now solely work. I enjoy the climbing but there aint a challenge to just climbing anymore.

I know i'm not your target audience though

Jamie

I went out on a rec climb one day. got bored and went home. Tree climbing to me is now solely work. I enjoy the climbing but there aint a challenge to just climbing anymore.

I know i'm not your target audience though

Jamie

Never ever get bored of just climbing, even go up to Scotland once a year to climb for the Scottish branch of the arb assoc ( payement for this is a warm meal and nights accomidation).

Sad I know :proud: