Timberwolf 150 Roller Box Damage

norfolk_tom

Hi all. I've got a 2007 a Timberwolf 150DHB on nearly 2000hours, its a decent machine for its age but has a problem with the roller box. The top roller drifts towards the motor side ahnd as been gradually chewing into the side of the roller box. I hadn't noticed it before but now its worn so thin that its starting to deform and stop the slider section moving up and down freely.

As I understand it there's no bush/spacer etc on that side so surely this is bound to happen? Before I get the box repaired I want to know if there's any reason this is happening and is there a way to stop the problem reoccurring in the future? Cheers

Sounds like the roller has worn through where the splined motor shaft goes into it, so there is too much free play. 2000 hours is pretty good without changing them to be honest. You will need to remove the hopper to get at the roller box properly, and then start to dismantle to see the extent of the damage

I should add that the end of the drive roller has bolt in section that has the drive spline on it. I think where this bolts to the roller, is where its worn away if that makes sense

Cheers Dan, appreciate your thoughts and I understand what you mean. I had the roller out before and the spline drive looked in decent order, I might try swapping it out and see if it helps.

The spline drive sits recessed from the esge of the blades where as I would have expected it to sit slightly proud to help centralise the roller or a there be a spacer through the slot in the side of the roller box to touch the motor and stop it drifting too far that way. I'll check with Timberwolf. Thanks.