Help Please Chinese :-(

mikehal

You can buy the 58cc or 52cc saws on eBay for about £60 new. They had one at the farm for a bit, plastics were brittle and brake was soon shot. It was a thirsty thing as well.

But at that price you can just bin and buy another!

The brake thing would put me off though. I've only got small stihl saws but I feel confident the safety brake works. (It may be no better than the cheap ones but for me being slightly scared of even the ms170 it suits me fine!)

Hi mike. If it makes you feel any better I have one and it's on the second bar and third chain. Almost certainly a small mount husky bar if you need a new one. Wore out its original 20 inch bar but now on an 18. Only gets used for the rough and bar length wood which it copes with well. It seems to run better on the same 50 :1 as my stihl and husky compared to the original 25:1 recommended. As peatff says a bit thirsty and low revving 58 cc engine but has enough torque to easily run an 18 inch bar. I bought it to cut up 15 tonnes of 40 to 60 inch diameter which it has done and more, so doesn't really owe me anything if it failed tomorrow.

Hi mike. If it makes you feel any better I have one and it's on the second bar and third chain. Almost certainly a small mount husky bar if you need a new one. Wore out its original 20 inch bar but now on an 18. Only gets used for the rough and bar length wood which it copes with well. It seems to run better on the same 50 :1 as my stihl and husky compared to the original 25:1 recommended. As peatff says a bit thirsty and low revving 58 cc engine but has enough torque to easily run an 18 inch bar. I bought it to cut up 15 tonnes of 40 to 60 inch diameter which it has done and more, so doesn't really owe me anything if it failed tomorrow.

Yes it did make me feel better, and must admit that to me, a mere novice it does seem very well made, can you enlighten me however with what you mean by "Almost certainly a small mount husky bar if you need a new one

" ?, just not sure what you mean, at present it is on a 18" bar with a 72 /325/1.5 chain ?

Edited by mikehal

Yes it did make me feel better, and must admit that to me, a mere novice it does seem very well made, can you enlighten me however with what you mean by "Almost certainly a small mount husky bar if you need a new one

" ?, just not sure what you mean, at present it is on a 18" bar with a 72 /325/1.5 chain ?

Just when you have worn your bar out you will need to order a new one, and as your saw will not be listed on most bar suppliers books they will not know which one to send you. Chances are it will be interchangeable with say a husky 450

Just when you have worn your bar out you will need to order a new one, and as your saw will not be listed on most bar suppliers books they will not know which one to send you. Chances are it will be interchangeable with say a husky 450

Many thanks, really appreciate that, like I have said it is only since September I have had any interest in chainsaws, BUT I will admit I love boys toys and think I may have found my new interest :-)