In feed roller issue

Rich2484

Cm220 again. :blushing:

Feed rollers will reverse, stop, but not feed in.

After turning to the run and engine building up they will turn then just stop.

They will reverse. So outing a pump issue.

Now a question. Under the battery box is what I'm presuming to be the stress control. There is a tap on the pipe. With this off the rollers will turn. But no stress control.

Does this mean the solenoid is shot? Or the sensor is shot?

And what's the voltage to check the solenoid is getting power.

The green and red light still work like they should?

From peteb.

Sounds like an electrical issue. Check the wiring from the box, from inside, through to the Hershman plug on the solenoid. It should get 12v at max speed which drops off as the revs drop. The light should be green at working speed, if it is still red, it is not receiving a signal from the alternater or the sensor on the flywheel bearing depending on age. The sensor takes pulses off a bearing collar and should have a indicator light to show it is registering a pulse. The gap between the lugs on the collar and the sensor can be from 1.5mm to 6mm I believe. Try looking at these for a result.

Rich, I've forgotten my login for this section, please cut and paste this response. Cheers

Thanks, will look into it. The light is changing from red to green.

Had a look today, before work.

There is no sensor on the flywheel so I take it it comes from the alternator. Clever design.

Will check out the solenoid, didn't have the voltmeter with me today, so will take that with me and look at it.

God I love green mech. Just looking at the parts diagrams and the hydraulic diagram, the bypass for the stress control is very clever.

Good as it gets you out of trouble when you need it to work.

Good machines. Good service.

Many thanks Pete. Will let you know if the coil is gone. But looking that way.