Costs for Supply and Fit of Root Barriers

10 Bears

Could anyone who does this type of work - both the supply and fitting of root barriers, give me a *hypothetical* price please - all things considered ie that the work can be done with no major snags, ease of access etc.

The spec would be:

15m length

2m depth

Linear install

Either smooth membrane or ridged deflectors (please specify which)

This is purely hypothetical as it is for a report regarding a boundary/tree dispute and not an actual job. I need to supply an approximate figure as to what it would cost if this work had to go ahead.

You can post your answers here, or PM me if you want to keep your price on the quiet. No companies will be identified as the supplier of the price in the report.

If you need any further information regarding what is needed - please just contact me or reply to this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the response Btggaz. I have managed to price the membrane as a stand alone item, from a couple of manufacturers at:

£6.75 m2 (1.5mm thick)

£12.94 m2 (2mm thick)

but really it was a price for the whole job based on experience of similar. Its a linear installation not tree pits, so there would be a big civils/excavation to do. Possibly with a hydrovac or similar.

Thanks again though.

The only person I can really think to ask, who definitely would know a civil engineering firm who had installed it somewhere would be Giles Biddle.

These might be worth a call too.http://rootbarrier.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Dendro-Scott-Root-Barrier-Installation-Information-2015.pdf

They might be able to give a lead or two

Excellent thanks again Btggaz. Ill contact them this morning.

Just an observation as I've tried to research this, it seems that the majority of companies that are doing this are based down south.

It could just be that's were the market is, but perhaps an opportunity for a company further north?