Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Robhtc

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. Hi all, here's my situation. So I am employed as a tree surgeon with one other bloke and we have full acces to truck, chipper and tools outside of work. I also have a small gardening buissness I run in spare time with a turnover of around 3k a year. My question is, if me and my colleague do a private job together with works equipment, does one of us need employers liability insurance and if so who? We both have public liability insurance individually. Could I consider him a bonified sub contracter as its not my equipment? If one of us ever got tax audited, would they pick up on The lack of employers liability? I would just get get it anyway and be done with it but for the occasional job, the £650 premium would destroy my profit margine completely. I don't want to be over cautious but where fines of £2500 a day are concerned, I'm wary. Many thanks Rob


Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.