Stihl Hedgetrimmer a PIG to start

chrisj

Well, by the time I've been able to look at it, it's not great once running either. Taking the cover off I seem to have fuel leaking from somewhere between the carb and the cylinder. So if at least one of the gaskets is leaking fuel out, I guess it's leaking air in too which won't be helping. Stripped it down and the exhaust and piston looks fine, no coaking or scoring. So I've ordered new gaskets, fuel and air filters and plug too while I'm at it. So once I've got those and re-assembled I'll see how it is and whether it needs a tune up.

Well all re-assembled. It started waaaaay easier. It has a bit of a flat spot though. Once at full revs it's fine, but it hesitates before picking up when you pull the throttle. My guess is that the mixture needs tweeking. It only has one screw, rather than a H and an L. Any tips rather than me randomly twiddling hoping to get it right?

Well all re-assembled. It started waaaaay easier. It has a bit of a flat spot though. Once at full revs it's fine, but it hesitates before picking up when you pull the throttle. My guess is that the mixture needs tweeking. It only has one screw, rather than a H and an L. Any tips rather than me randomly twiddling hoping to get it right?

I don't think we ever ascertained what the trimmer was but try 1/4 turn anticlockwise, probably a little lean in the mid range.

It's a Stihl HS75 Spud.

I thought it would probably be a case of a bit of a turn one way or the other. But without knowing which way I could see me a bit this way, a bit that way and ending up losing track of where I was.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Cheers