Ash tree Dismantle

phill

You don't need much room if your good at putting stuff where you want it :biggrin::001_tt2:

Do you not think it depends on the job? For example I can think of a job recently large chestnut dismantle chipper on top of job, rigged/balanced big limbs lowered straight down into chipper, grounds nip the laterals and through the chipped in a oner, don't get much quicker than that! Agree though cut chuck and stack can be quick on certain jobs etc. surely that's one thing about being a good climber, not just getting a tree down quick but choosing the best method for climber and ground staff. Sometimes cut and hold is quicker

Sometimes rigging is faster depending on job and site layout

Exactly Jay. For instance, my avatar pic was a knackered old beach over a church roof, I bangers out the front half no rigging and our mini with the grapple picked up the limbs and drove them to the chipper. Obviously had to be extra delicate over the slate church roof!

Every jobs different eh

Exactly Jay. For instance, my avatar pic was a knackered old beach over a church roof, I bangers out the front half no rigging and our mini with the grapple picked up the limbs and drove them to the chipper. Obviously had to be extra delicate over the slate church roof!

Every jobs different eh

That's it everyone's different and no ones necessarily right or wrong. Just think some make hard work for themselves trying to hand hold massive bits when 2 mins to put a pulley in and 250kg is sailing to floor in one bit but then every jobs different and so is every climber, I just like to make things easy for me and the guys on the ground. Got a decent size thuja to take down tomorrow, some will be cut and chuck but from memory the low laterals over the fences and shrubs can be balanced in a oner and lowered off. I learnt from a very good climber who could cut and hold big bits but also knew when to rig, just about have different tricks up your sleeve I suppose!

I oftenrig big branches when there's no targets,touch the tip on the ground, then the groundy(s) can pull the butt end in the direction of the chipper, apart from anything can help stop mud and gravel from going through the chipper.

Sure crash and bash works on some jobs, but the one by one method with a rope is more relaxed, less work (less tugging and wrenching of stuck branches) and more efficient.

No need for rigging pulleys a lot of times, just throw the rope over the branch above.

Every jobs different of course.

Edited by Mountain man

I do agree that on some occasions rigging limbs off does make the job a awful lot easier especially if the tree is on a steep banking.but on this specific job we had a 12" crane fed machine & a greenmech for clearing up the smaller bits so crash & bash it was. 😃

I see you are using a Zillon Phil....are you left handed?

Why would he be left handed using the zillon like that?

I'm right handed and my strop friction will always be on the left hand side or the centre!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App