Smart Winch in Japan

softbankhawks

its easy for you to work out paul,

remember that MA=DE/DR

measure the radius of the SW pin (11mm ish i quesrimate) then measure the length of the harken handle 254mm 254/11= 23:1 then measure the grcs pin & remaining stowed strap by the looks of the trees you were on lets say 72mm and repeat grcs handle is 90cm ish so: 900/72=12.5:1

all that maths aside ive been using the grcs for a decade, im a big lad and i can get a fair bit of tension on the grcs yet it seems i can get just as much tension on the sw and sometimes more.

back to the maths if you were working on a tree with a monster girth and the grcs strap only JUST fit around you would get more tension on the strap on the grcs so in answer, if you are on a big tree it will be negligible and even reversed eventually

the tipping point "X" would be............

900/X=23 or 900/23=X + 39.1304347826mm from falcrum to edge of stowed strap

so a mere (40mm-11mm) 29mm width of stowed strap gives you LESS MA than the SW mounting method!

hope that helps xxx