Amelanchier

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you'd get 15% anyway if you just asked! ISA or not

No, they do 10% for card holders of there own 10% scheme, but I was goign for contract their contract discount scheme which is for large groups etc. Discounts vary depending on products but 15-20% is normal.

They are quite strict in most stores but will do discounts for BMC, scouts, ramblers etc but need a membership card to be shown.

Gettign them to accept ISA cards is good news!

er wasn't it mentioned in the membership pack? Sure I read it somewhere...

Being sad and having dug the reciept out it seems I might have been wrong. The reciept says the discount was for "D of E Participants"! I assume my repeated insistance that there was a discount coupled with the pressure of a busy shop made him cave in...

he wasn't at all surprised to see the card though.

Hmmm, so its nto actually ont he data base yet!

So he just put you on the D of E, scheme. Basically all ISA purchases would be added up and as long as we collectively spend over a certain amount each year (not much as I remeber) then we can stay in the scheme.

Not much use until its properly set up, I'll chase them up again.

I've just e mailed the contracts manager again. We'll see what happens. He's a bit of a dinosaur so email is not his thing but my original request was appreved straight away, the ISA membership numbers/genuine status and general outdoorsyness was sufficient to qualify but then nothing has actually been done.

I'm wondering if paperwork was sent out to Mac in wednesbury and lost?

I think we need Mr Bashford on the case on his return.

er wasn't it mentioned in the membership pack? Sure I read it somewhere...

Its on the ISA website under membership benefits

Member Benefits entitles members to a Discount Scheme with: - Member Benefits :: ISA UK&I Chapter

Anyway its all sorted now, you need to quote the code number in stores and then show a membership card. Apparently they cant search for ISA on their system but the code will take them straight there.

The code is AF-ISOA-T3

I suggest we all write this code on the back of the ISA membership card.

I hope enough people make use of this, I spend a fortune in this store so I wanted to get this discount arranged for all of us (me in particular) so if we all use it enough we will keep the discount and I can get gear cheaper! But we are alloutdorrs all the time and go camping hiking etc so I hope it beneficial!

Steve, if your lurking, can I start a thread to promote this or is that unfair advertising?