progression course after completing level 2 arb cert

paul kelly

the course i completed was a level 2 ABC Award is the L4 abc an online course, & is that a national diploma level

No its higher. National diploma is level 3 equivalent to A level. L3 is what is referred to as further education. The L4 is level 4 which is the lowest level of higher education equivalent to higher national certificate. L6 is degree level.

My personal opinion is that the professional qualifications such as the L2, L4, and L6 are far more relevant to the industry. L4 will prepare you to go into junior consultancy with L6 as a possible progression. In my experience ND will not give you the same consultancy skills as tech cert or its replacement L4.

You can do L4 with tree life as distance learning but my advice would be try to make the sessions if you can and do it as day release. It will be about 15 days over a year. The sessions are really interactive with a lot of group discussion. It will get you used to talking with other people at that level which is an important part of the learning and gives you confidence in dealing with other professionals which is vital. Its daunting at the start but well worth it.