Road closure charges

Topcat

Haha, the council really know how to screw us over don't they ?

Mewp permit

Crane permit

Road closure charge

Waste carriers charge

When are we going to stop being wimps and laying down and accepting all this crap, the french have it sussed.

I think we should nip off to hull and dover do a port blockade, any of us with boats get them out in harbour entrances.

We british are really stupid, I'm ashamed

a little pojnt but WCL is the EA ...

ohh what fun

we regually have road closures and permits. the indirect reson that we pay now is the relitive reduction of direct taxasion that used to feed loacal councils, accross all departments.

i spent many years in loacl government and my other halsf still works in the HW dept of our local council.

now a few years since i left the council but the money they actually get from centeral government is reduced by about 40% of what they used to recive, but imbedded in legislation is the councils need to deliver moor services.

then when we get on road closures we have a government that haas enacted moore legislation not only NRSWA but also Road works regs and acts that require more training and give leave to councils to charge were appropriate.

so permits have been arround for many many years, if you have ever dealt with skips you will know that, its part of a process to help you but also to ensure that if your machine buggers up the road serface the council know who to charge, why do they chare so much now ... see above less money than ever going in to LA.

we have a job next week with some big minging oaks and a bronto 20m the road closure is 1400, that is the 400 to the council thae adds in papers and parish boards, the leason information whitch telsl things like the local radio the guys who have to prepair all the plans to conform to the traffic managment act, the guys who put out the signes, barriers etc, travel round monitoring the signes and then collect them in at the end of the day.

with all of this it has turned a 2.5k job in to a 4k job, so as long as you can get the money on a job its oki but not always possible.

so inshort price it up before giving the price

cheers all

kev