all down to A. mellea?

Dean O

Re: all down to A. mellea?

I agree with Treeseer about malpractice. And a typical cost per tree for surveys (if part of a big survey) is about £2. £4 if you want me to bring a trowel.

That said the tree looks pretty humped. But if it's being felled to protect parked cars instead of telling the resident that they have no formal right to park there, it's another small nail in the coffin of civilisation.

I'll send you the address - bring a trowel I'll pay you a fiver, in fact I've got a few other trees for you to look at :001_tongue:

Yeah - I think its gone past retention really, difficult for people to comment on (which is why the post was regarding the action of decay) pictures really don't give sense of it

the felling would protect lots o things well within falling distance, houses gardens, a B road, an area children play in, an access track and a footpath, plus the parked cars.

I can see it from both sides of the coin: the council has let them use the area as if it were there own in return for them spending their time looking after it, there's a 'potential dangerous' tree there, it would be a kick in the teeth for them to be evicted over it when the tree could still land on the garden gazebo.

I'd like to see it retained in some sense just out of stubbornness but if it does end up being removed I'll try and remember to take piccies of the extent of decay.