Rigging Large Wood

Alegretreeservice

Sorry had more video but my sd card was bad in my cam, didn't realize it till later

We logged down 3 sections like one in this video, that one is the only one that bounced

The log weighed over 3,000 lb. piece of oak, if I had one of my guys control the speed the rig would of been shock loaded: For every foot a

falling object falls it gains a unit of weight plus one.Tree removal of a large Oak, Rigging Large Pieces of Wood - YouTube

I don't really understand what you've gained hear, if your worried about shock loading why not tie your pulley up so it sits as close to the gob as possible, cut a narrower gob and put a half hitch just above it, you'd be able to take a foot of falling distance out of it by doing that. Also why lower it atall when it's hitting the ground at that force? But I like you mewp, makes pushing big stuff over easier when you can get right to the top of the piece!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Edited by edwood