ash problem (need advice)

burrell_

I have on time to research this tonite as iv got to look after my 6 months old little girl tonite

I come across this in one of the big gardens I do tree work and hedge cutting in

this ash tree over the last 4 weeks has got thinner and thinner looks like some one or something is eating the leave

what ever it is its very destructive

just wondered if someone could help me work out what it is

sorry if this has bin covered before like I said I have on time tonite to try and work out WHO is eating the ash

its started in the top half of the tree

as u can see from the first pic its the one on the far left that is thinner than the over 3 ash trees that are there

I would be grateful to anyone that cant push me in the rite direction

I will upload more pic

and I only took pic on the I phone so there not that great

cheers martin

IMG_1427.jpg.2a4699d3fc11b509489b7c4d762643b4.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg.5408b7748341463b98335e02347e2af2.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg.8e689a542a7646cdfdada7ecdd421304.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg.a8cded6fbf807760e3ee5aae5aa1eac3.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg.1b4ea9e73feb62183d1eccf0383f877e.jpg

its an unusual pattern, will have a look around but its not screaming anything obviously entomological to me at the moment.

do you have Parakeets around? pigeons as have already been suggested may be possible but dont know wether they eat ash leaves or not, but it is most likely IMO at the moment.

just done a little search on here could it be Brownheaded Ash Sawfly (Tomostethus multicinctus)??

but I cant work out why there are loads of wasps floating round the tree

if I get time sat/ sunday im going for a climb with a better camera first thing so the wasps are asleep :lol::lol:

cheers for your time tony

just done a little search on here could it be Brownheaded Ash Sawfly (Tomostethus multicinctus)??

but I cant work out why there are loads of wasps floating round the tree

if I get time sat/ sunday im going for a climb with a better camera first thing so the wasps are asleep :lol::lol:

cheers for your time tony

wasps are insect predators, makes more sense than you think, they are very quick to switch on to communities of insects and the whole hive gets in on the act.:thumbup1:

as for my time, no worries, thats what im there for:thumbup1: