New to forum; advice needed on forestry cranes

Nitroexpress

As the title states; I'm new to the forum and keen to gather advice on purchasing a new forestry crane for both a forwarding trailer (approx 12 tonne, highspeed axles, which I also need to purchase - possibly new again) and on my new MusMax 8XL chipper which I need to build a drawbar mount for.

My first question is if 'A' frame legs on the crane better than the 'Swing Down' type? I'm guessing that the swing down ones are better on softer ground condition but I'm unsure if they as good the 'A' frame type for leveling up - and provide more force - or theres no real difference between the two?!

The second question is about brands. I was looking at a Kelsa 305T crane as this has the reach I require (approx 8.5m). As a counter quote I looked at a Palms 840T model which was considerably cheaper - whys this then as they look identical on paper?!

Is a Palms crane not as well built :confused1:

Is a Palms crane slower than a Kelsa crane :confused1: :confused1:

Third and last question; has anyone made a demount system to put a crane on different trailers and if so has anyone got any advice / pictures to share.

Kind Regards

Nitro..........

As for legs used both. Normally go for fold down, easier to fix if you forget to pick them up when you drive off. They both do the same job, its mainly 3pl mount cranes and detachable ones that have telescopic A frame ones.

Not used or herd of a palms crane until now. I like the Kelsa cranes nice and quick and a reasonable price and lift. They're very well made and spares are easy to get hold of.

As for a demount system, Fama do some 3pl cranes that can be kept on the linkage and used with different trailers. Or you could couple it your chipper and then attach both to the tractor assuming your linkage will take it.

Personally i'd get a Jake plate and a 305T crane and mount it permantly on the tractor (if it's big enough). Can be done for about 23k.