RopeArmor Ropeknight ultimate throw weight!

Old Mill Tree Care

Adds 1.2 OZ to the Rk so I slip it on when I need the extra wt to come down thru a messy tree

We have one American say that he bounced one of his windshield from on high with no damage.

Won't bruise trees, shingles, wood decking etc.

And if you get frustrated with your throwing inconsistencies and the one time forget to check that you are standing on the line, the thump on the ol melon will only hurt your pride.

Please always before every throw check the Rk is secure and the line will pay out free and easy.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this on Treebuzz and thought it relevant here. It was written and originally posted by Thomas of RopeArmor:

IF you are using the FASTattach system with the BIGShot there is a chance the tailing ring will collide with the pouch and the wt will fall back towards the BIGSHOTer.

Always be positive the line will pay out free and double check you are not standing on your throwline pre release.

I recommend removing the FASTattach tool for use with the BS.

Because I modified my BS with a pull ball in place of the finger pull I was hit with my Rk. THe VInyl/rubber sleeve was on and the pull shot was for a 50 to 60 ft shot and I was not hurt in any way, actually not completely sure where I was hit and with what. Ring? RK?

Also if you decide to change the finger pull to a ball pull it is wise to keep it short as possible.

FASTattch is safe for hand throwing 1 or 2

No injury and not a biggie but just the same felt we should post this and see if anyone has anything to add.

Cheers

--------------------

RopeArmour

RopeArmour - Rope placment solutions

Edited by RopeShield (06/06/13 10:00 PM)

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to make several shots to get into one tree.

First shot the RK hit the BigShot head because I hadn't positioned it centrally in the pouch.

Second shot, the throw line wrapped around the BigShot head because I was too close to the cube.

Third shot hit the head again!

Fourth went out to the side because I didn't aim well.

The moral is to be slow an attentive. I was hurrying, chatting and not paying attention.

The next tree I concentrated and got the first shot, perfect.

Using one cone of the RK ensures the climb line pulls through the tree without getting snagged.

Love it.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

• 4 weeks later...
I do. I don't use any of the other accessories apart from the sticker of Thor!🙈

I think I'll start using the brass weight all the time and see how it goes. Since the leaves came out I've had a few occasions where it's been difficult to get the RK to come down after the throw/shot.

My Maple leaf sticker is all scratched and scuffed, still flies like Concorde though. :thumbup1:

• 1 month later...

I truly believe the key to a good throw is to exhale on the release and focus a few feet above your target. My BS snapped two weeks ago and I am back to hand throwing.

I have hit many many amazing shots through some serious storm damage trees here in the hardwoods of Southern Ontario recently.

My most accurate and powerful shots are the Longgun Technique with two hands and I find I am as accurate and mb slightly better than a BS, except when it comes time to blast through tons of bits to get into the crown.

I did get stuck the other day on a sprout turned back onto the trunk and with a half wrap.

Took a bit of effort but managed to snap the sprout off and retrieve.

Technically 1/2 RK stuck and 1/2 throwline wrapped up.

Cheers and glad to hear your Brass wt is helping.

Brass wt almost seems like it adds a bit of wizadry to the throw or mb its just that it is

golden in appearance.

Cheers and thanks for showing others the way forward.

• 1 month later...

I've not been up many big trees recently so I've been hand throwing. I've got better at it so I am now awful instead of beyond awful.

One thing is for sure though, I find it easier since adding the brass weight.

Today I had a tall tree so I used the BigShot.

Unexplainably, upon release the weight hit the BigShot head 7 consecutive times. Very frustrating and I've no idea why. The BS head, trigger and pulley are all in line correctly yet it kept going wrong.

Anyway, it's a mystery so I'll drink beer tonight and try again tomorrow.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!