Stihl 250 for £10

Tribaltree

This is it after a good cleen up, and also after my tutor said it runs fine for all the groundwork I intend for it. It does cut out at low revs but I managed to use it perfectly well to cut up a Leylandii stem that fell in the garden the other week.

100_1198.jpg.2fc1af1f40f958fc34bd88e8a5f31995.jpg

100_1196.jpg.ad7358910ab058a34d72981f4ba7fa6f.jpg

100_1197.jpg.0383457b63cf6ca4a7c8ca49d470addf.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks well, you have yourself a bargain! :) You should have a play with the carb adjustments to sort the idling/cutting out, this should help. You could always do a muffler mod, it will help it to breathe better and yield more power. HTH

If you ever decide to sell it on give me a bell and i will be happy to offer you a good price for it. :)

Did you find out why it had damaged the piston/bore?

If it was just a bad 2 stroke mix then it should be fine but if there is an air leak (which could easily be why its had to get it to tick over)or the carb is well out then you need to sort it pronto or it will soon be knackered!

I'm no expert so dont take this literally.

If you have the high and low screw at the standard setting and it wont tick over cleanly then only adjust the low screw very slightly, ie you shouldnt have the low screw out by like 2 turns this would probably indicate an air leak somewhere.

Look for things like splits in all rubber hoses and pipes eg fuel pipe, intake rubber on carb, impulse pipe.

I find it difficult sometimes to try and explain stuff so I will look for a link that explains tuning in better detail.

How bad was the damage to the piston/bore? was it on the exhaust or intake side?

Empty out the gas and put a small amount of 50:1 mix in with either husky/stihl 2 stroke and run it dry, this will ensure that all the nasty stuff has gone. If you need more help visit the american arborist site http://www.arboristsite.com it is very active and has a tonne of info on modding, fixing, fault finding and various other info on the 024 and every other saw ever made ever! :scared1:

Good look, keep us posted. :)