Parts for Dolmar/Makita?

DCS6800i

Hi all. Been coming onto this site for a while now - great font of information!! :thumbup1:

Iv accuired a Dolmar 115i - same as Makita DCS520 and DCS5200 which needs a list of parts. Local Makita dealer is now fecked up and just interested in online sales of new saws....

My other local routes to get parts dont have any breaker saws and are going to see what they can do for me (pricing up new parts)

Was wondering if anyone knew of any suppliers online who do parts at reasonable prices? Iv used Miles Tool & Machinery Centre for my 6800i before, but theres some bits like rubber anti-vibration mounts etc they just dont supply. Ebay do have some parts, but most are new from the U.S. and are at inflated prices, due to postage.

Thanks for any info given.

and i need a crankshaft for dcs7901, after i bought a saw that just needed a piston! expected to have to fit a barrel and piston but not a CRANKSHAFT! seller not interested in refunding any money. Some folks have no morals. So are there any aftermarket cranks available or is it a genuine Makita/Dolmar item only?

and i need a crankshaft for dcs7901, after i bought a saw that just needed a piston! expected to have to fit a barrel and piston but not a CRANKSHAFT! seller not interested in refunding any money. Some folks have no morals. So are there any aftermarket cranks available or is it a genuine Makita/Dolmar item only?

:laugh1:

Familiar story. I bought the 115i off Ebay :blushing: asked plenty questions as to condition etc and seller said it wasnt running right but would just need someone to look at it. Took carb off cleaned out and re-set it, she now runs brilliant..... but seller didnt mention apart for the brake lever, theres no brake band assembley in the clutch cover atall!! Theres also plenty of screws missing. Only thing he did admit to was no bar and chain, although he mustve found the bar, as there was a 15" Dolmar bar (and a very dodgy looking chain) in the box when it arrived.

Cheers for the links - especially the one to Dolmar. Thank god the parts are all numbered..... my german is Schizer :lol:

Here is a link to a Dolmar spares Place in Germany Dolmar Stützpunkt 24 - Benzinmotorsägen seem to have most of the stuff you would need.

Would the crankshaft from the Dolmar PS-7900 on the link you gave me be the same as your DCS7901?

They have a price, so youd be able to buy it there. (not sure how much 159.94 Euros is in £ though).

I looked Miles Tool & Machinery Centre just to see and the crankshaft is listed, but theres no price - which means they dont carry it. Also looking the links seems these guys are running much the same price-wise. Good to know im not being screwed :thumbup:

OK so iv gotten along well so far with the 115i, just 1 issue/question:

The chainbrake guard isnt like the newer U-shaped hand guard mounted on both sides of cylinder. Its only mounted on one side. The clutch cover is differant too, and the newer chainbrake assembly doesnt look like it will fit in it and i cant find any referances to this type in any parts lists. The newer clutch cover does fit my saw though (tried the one off my brother in laws DCS520), so am going to buy a new one. Have decided to get a Dolmar red one instead of a Makita blue one. Randy Duncan from the USA has a complete clutch cover with full brakeband assembly listed on Ebay. The question is would there be any hidden charges like Importation TAX if i were to buy it? And how much would that cost me?

At the moment, after converting currency and adding p&p the one in USA is actually cheaper as a new Makita one here in UK, but am fearing of tripping up with a hidden charge...

Again, thanks in advance for any info given :thumbup1: