Ht 131 engine

Rich2484

Having problems with the pole saw?

It's telescopic with the ht131 engine, it will only run on near full choke and it runs full revs, no let up.

Have cleaned the carb and gone thro it, cleaned air filter and fuel tank filter, c arb is getting fuel and good spark, going to comp test it tomoz after I find the tester.

Anyone had any problems with this engine before? Looking into a new one but they all have the smaller engines on that are on the hedge cutters, and I like the bigger engine for trees as it cuts faster and doesn't get bogged down easy.

Any ideas, just checking before I start ripping it apart and it is something simple I won't look at?

Yeah going to strip down and give it the sonic bath treatment at the weekend, new seals and try it again. Just bugging me that I can't seem to find any with the same engine, have had to sort the shaft out before when a bearing destroyed itself and ruind the shaft.

Have got to give it to sthil tho they are very cleverly built.