Stilh 2T oil @ 50-1 OK in Husky 266/390XP?

blazer

Just checking if Stihl 2stroke oil is ok at 50-1 in Husky saws, I have an old Husky 266XP that I have run for a year on it all ok, one can for all saws.

I'm thinking of buying a 390XP and need to check first, I'm not a fan of putting too much oil in to play safe, I assume any new saw will need a lower mix ratio when new or is that an old wives tale.:confused1:

many thanks in advance.:thumbup1:

Will be fine.

Altho if you want to be really clever, run the saw in on mineral HP (standard Stihl Red stuff) for 10 tanks before using anything remotely synthetic.

Engine will bed in better, piston rings etc.

Oh, and avoid supermarket fuel aswell.

Running oil rich when new is unneccessary; just be sure it's not lean.

Thanks TCD. what synthetic oil do you use? I have run my sons new bikes & my quad on mineral then changed to semi synthetic.

I remember reading an early 70's book by Ran. Fiennes on an expedition across Greenland with early snow mobiles etc. They used the mfg recommended 2T mix and had loadsa problems with 2strokes but found the locals were using a leaner mix and were having no problems. Out of interest when using saws in colder regions ( I stay by my fire) do some use a different mix/oil type? Could be useful if we have another cold winter.