My "new" bridge...

Amelanchier

thanks marc, bob showed me some of that enex the other day and said it wasnt suitable. like you say its not ideal. im thinking more towards the 10 mm prussik rope, i trust a double fishermens over a stopper knot.

Can someone correct me if i'm wrong here but I believe the new tree motion harness attachs the bridge in the same way as I do. So it must of been CE rated???

Besides mine has also been pass'd by 2 different loler inspectors.

The stopper knot I use is a type of fishermans knot, and in use it only binds tighter, so tight in fact it'll be almost impossible to undo.

As long as you leave an inch and a bit tail to allow for a very small amount of creep until it binds down good and strong.

Don't dismiss it just because you don't like the look of it! It is the superior method in my humble opinion and i've used both. It works best with 13mm line. If you use a fishermans terminal knot then 10mm prussik is better.

And I second using the larger rings, ART make nice ones at a good price rated to 28kn.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone correct me if i'm wrong here but I believe the new tree motion harness attachs the bridge in the same way as I do. So it must of been CE rated???

Besides mine has also been pass'd by 2 different loler inspectors.

The stopper knot I use is a type of fishermans knot, and in use it only binds tighter, so tight in fact it'll be almost impossible to undo.

As long as you leave an inch and a bit tail to allow for a very small amount of creep until it binds down good and strong.

Don't dismiss it just because you don't like the look of it! It is the superior method in my humble opinion and i've used both. It works best with 13mm line. If you use a fishermans terminal knot then 10mm prussik is better.

And I second using the larger rings, ART make nice ones at a good price rated to 28kn.

im not dismissing it, infact i think it sits nicer then a double fishermans. ive never used a stopper knot for this use before, were as i use double fishermens all the time. i think 13mm rope looks too bulky for me. how about some 11mm blaze or velocity? i take it 10mm prussik ropes knot will not be big enought to use with a double overhand?

11mm blaze would probably be good, I only had 8-9mm cords and 13mm rope, so went for the rope, its not to bulky, forms a nice size knot, and for me just feels more secure.

I climb on a treemagic now so I never got to give my bridge mod on the dragonfly abuse. My only concern would be how quickly it wears, its easy to replace though.

I did some climbing in my dragonfly this weekend and the bridge is far better than that on my treemagic, it slips and supports a twisted positions much more easily. Now if only I can think of a way to mod the treemagic.