husky 575xp air-filter to carb problem

canoehead

rebuilt the top end of my 575xp save for one problem. can't get the connecting hose between the carb and the air-filter to connect. i'm assuming there's a dedicated tool for this, i don't have it if there is, and was wondering if anyone had figured out a solution to getting the hose to connect into the air-filter. there isn't room to get my pork sausage size fingers in there to join the two parts, is there a tool like a pipe chain wrench? that's supposed to be used here, and if that's the case, how would i go about substituting one? some sort of handle with a hose clip or cable tie? obviously concerned i don't tare the hose.

perplexed again (that's twice in a week with chainsaw problems, thankfully resolved the last issue).

anyone?

I'm not familiar with the saw,but maybe a smear of 2stroke oil to ease it in/on?

Or can you make the conection thats proving difficult first,then conect the other end after.

Sorry if this is no help,but I have no knowledge of this saw,there must be a way!:001_smile:

tried removing the air-filter completely to do just that, but the connecting hose isn't long enough (it's a preformed dedicated size) to allow you to make the connection. and couldn't get into the carb to remove it from that end either. the stupid part of it is, you can't see what you are doing it all has to be by feel, or knowing when the two have mated (i wont make any analogies). if only they (in the husqvarna design dept) had allowed a bit more free-play for overhauling rather than only concerning themselves with maximum performance ergonomics. and just when you think you have got it seated it pops out. it is a flanged hose that has to sit into a double flanged housing (again the analogies i shan't be making). i don't want to say try picturing it. it is a bit like tyre fitting in reverse, and without tyre irons. nearly had a fawlty moment with it the other day. fortunately none of my neighbors speak english.

I had to laugh at the way you can see humour in a bloody awkward situation,sounds very fiddly to do.

Wish I could offer more constructive help,no doubt someone will,I wont even sugest chamfering the hose end to help it in with a hot knife for fear of creating a dust leak.

Hope you get it sorted soonest.:001_smile: