Ms181

snoko

Cheers Mate,

Got a small problem with the master switch not jumping from 3 (Warm Start) to 2 (idle) when the throttle's blipped on start.

Not really a prob as such, as I can just flip it up manually, but it's annoying !

14" - just got it for firewood and garden clear up etc. Been using it every weekend since I got it, very happy with it for it's size, really light and easy to handle. Just this wee niggle with the master switch not flipping up to idle when I hit the trottle.

Going to be one of those - look at it and bend the mechanism jobs - no manual will help you with that sort of adjustment - I think being able to do that sort of thing is in your DNA.

Juist take the cover off and look at the way the mechanism works and understand why it isn't doing what the designer intended - probably been forced in to the choke position without openinig the throttle!

Spud

I just had a wee look, the metal retaining hook moves back when you blip the throttle but the flat plastic plate it releases does not move down sufficiently to allow the switch to flick up to the idle postition.

I didn't take the filter housing off, but think this maybe necessary to really see what's happening - is it going to be worth it when I can just flip it up with my thumb? Looks like 2 x 10mm nuts and 2 x T20 screws to remove the filter housing. Is it liable to spring apart?:confused1:

All part of the learning process I suppose!

The two 10mm nuts hold the carb in place, I can't recall what the torx ones do but just take it easy, if you have poor recollection of form, fit and function then use a digital camera to take images so you can put the thing back together again.

Put the parts from each stage in to separate containers - eassy to re-assemble this way.

Good luck

Spud