Ba humbug!!

Rupe

Just saw an advert on the telly the AA now do boiler repairs and cover from £8.99 a month. They'll be doing tree work next :001_rolleyes:

Yes they will. Dont be fooled into thinking that the AA is an automobile freindly company, its just an insurance company like every other one advertised on the telly. They take your money for the what if, and when the what if happens they do as little as possible for you.

Generally the AA are pretty good, but anyway its just an insurance policy, no more than that.

It should have had an antifreeze / anti rust additive in the system. There's all sorts you can stick in nowadays. So even if you lose pressure or have a power cut your covered.

I can imagine yours was tied together with bailing band and wrapped in blankets to keep it warm :biggrin:

New boiler goes in tomorrow. Aparently the thermostat will have an automatic failsafe in it as you said, which turns it all on if the temp goes below 5 degrees. But the guy didn't know of any antifreeze you could add? He pumped out and cleaned the old sytem today and used an additive to clean and protec the pipework, but then after that its just water that gets added to the heating system.

Thats what he told me anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes thats right, he works for me in the summer and skis all winter, cool work if you can get it! I saw him briefly while I was out there, but I stayed in Courcheval.

Did you try and keep up with him on the slopes?

Update on the bolier.

All fixed, and insurance loss adjuster came out and said its all covered, plus new floor, kitchen worktops and some drawer fronts, plus all tiles and woodwork and they will pay me to fit it all as it saves them from getting contractors in! I wasnt claiming for all that, but she said its covered if I want it.

Its not much but I should end up 1K up on the deal, and if I do the work (it doesn't all need doing) then that plenty to cover it.

I think not trying to rip them off helped, she couldn't have been more helpful. She said most poeple just move into a hotel and don't go back till the insurance company have done it all, and when they do go back they complain about the work etc. So me havign fixed the problem myself and halfway through rebuilding the kitchen was a good thing, and it won't look bad on my insurance history.

I'm happier with insurance companies today!!