mitsubishi l200 troubles

digga

tried bleeding out any air again jacked up the front left the rad cap off truck running heater on hot on full kept topping up but doesnt seem to have made any difference so guess new water pump is the next step fingers crossed it will work

Good luck with this one mate, I had a warrior 04, same issues as your getting, replaced thermostat, waterpump, bled it and bled it some more, turned out to be the EGR valve this is on the side of the engine head, changed it and bingo no more problems, apparently they break up and let air back into the heating system hence air lock in your expansion tank.

Milners 4x4 are a good source of help and the L200 owners club.

sold mine a while ago and got a hilux hl2 2.5 instead, good truck but noisey injectors now, supposedly this is common and just down to cold weather on start up

4x4 woes never end

thanks i will keep that in mind wouldnt the engine light come on if the egr vlve was failing ? dont know wether to try this or the water pump first now :-(

Unfortunately no it doesn't, there's two of them and the one thats the pain is the egr exhaust thingy , has your van gone into safe mode recently, that was the beginning of the end for me

safe mode ?

van drops in power and will only let you operate at low revs and speed, its basicly a safety feature to stop any damage to the engine if anything goes wrong ie engine management.

My ecu crashed on me and it went into this mode until the rac rebooted it roadside

it will happen when your fuel filter blocks when i first went on to bio diesel then change the filter its fine if it goes into saf mode all you have to do is switch the engine off and wait a minute and it resets itself. if you need the code reading a local garage will do it mine is very helpful i know them through mates they plug it in and say what sensor or code it is then take the problem from there

seen as this hasn't happened i would think it was the water pump

In some thermostats is a little giggle valve which lets the air through check this. On some engines there is a small hose about 6-8mm which allows air out if this is blocked with rust and chalk could be the problem. I am not familiar with the L200 but work on large diesels. If you have had a matrix replaced someone could have been topping up for some time and could have introduced alot of minerals I would get a 1 ltre pot of coolant cleaner from wurth ( excellent and the only one on the market that works like u would not believe )