please help

markstuarttosdevine

i have read in other posts that if i lay down some pallets and stack the split logs on the palletts this would work but how do i cover the logs do i just tarp them or do i have to build a roof to give the logs air?

I lay down pallets, then form a circle with stock fencing, put this on the pallets, then all you need to do is chuck the logs in. You can then either double stack them or put a tarp on top. I learnt this from another thread on this forum and having used it for a while is an excellent way of storing and drying wood.

thankyou all very much for your advice i will be creating my log store this weekend in the bottom of the field and them will post pics of my handy work. hopefully it will work and the logs will dry and the money will come rolling in!!!!! although i have alot of oak to split with an axe.

Its a shame its not a bit earlier in the year as you may have been in with a chance. If you can find a pollytunnel in the sun and the weather is kind may still stand a chance otherwise its next year.

do u leave the doors open on the pollytunnel to let the air circulate through or shut them up and make the logs basically sweat

do u leave the doors open on the pollytunnel to let the air circulate through or shut them up and make the logs basically sweat

Bit of both if the suns out I sometimes shut the doors. But try to avoid too much condensation on cloudy days with some wind :bootyshake: open up. Amazing how quick it can work.