Disgraceful!

ecolojim

is this what we want the next generation to be watching and how we want them to be indoctrinated?!

in such a climate (pardon the pun), where environmental issues are of such high importance, just what were the BBC thinking?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b009lfmy.shtml?q=trees&start=1&scope=iplayersearch&go=Find+Programmes&version_pid=b009lfjs

I thought the title was quite innocent, perhaps even promising, an aspiration for a future career, then I hit play!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why children should be allowed to have opinions let alone voice them; they should just shut up and think as their told to.

Free speech be damned!

I mean, we all know that trees are a positive environmental factor and stuff like this could warp the perspective of an entire generation..............but it probably won't will it?

of course theyre allowed to have opinions, i dont think that comment was grounded at all!

the problem is, kids are very receptive to things, particularly negative things

what was wrong with 'the really wild show' that taught kids about how wonderful nature is? Im not even sure that's survived to remain on tele.

whether it will have a negative impact on children or not, it doesnt mean that it's right to broadcast it. Children should be told about trees and such like for what they are. are there not enough of them carving into the bark, setting small fires at the base of them to try and kill them 'just for fun'?

it probably WONT affect an entire generation, you're right there!

but how many does it have to affect before it becomes an issue?

as for telling kids to think as theyre told to... is broadcasting one of their peers explaining how trees are bad, and dangerous not doing just that?!

yeah I do agree to a point.

I just know from experience with my young cousins, they would often tell me 'so and so said in the playground' or 'so and so on tv said' and they kinda take it as gospel.

maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously, I just dont think its a particularly positive message to be putting out there, so why bother :)

anyway im not going to argue the toss over it. I dont agree with it, so i posted it up. As a licence payer that's my right surely.

Of course it is ...in the same that the child has a right to voice his bizarre views. Thats what public sector broadcasting is for is it not?

HA HA Kids are stupid.....we should cut down all the trees so we can have loads of bonfires thats a real reason !!!

Seriousley i dont agree with his reasons but i am not worried that he is going to start some mad tree killing revolution! Its pretty funny though especially the bit about the cats.:crazy:

yeah I do agree to a point.

I just know from experience with my young cousins, they would often tell me 'so and so said in the playground' or 'so and so on tv said' and they kinda take it as gospel.

maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously, I just dont think its a particularly positive message to be putting out there, so why bother :)

It's not a positive message -to us. But it is to him; for now. I doubt that it's a view that he will keep for long though

i probably was overreacting quite a lot, and you're all right, it wont start a tree killing frenzy.

humorous to us, but we know better. I do know a couple kids that if they saw that, would probably be a little bit scared of trees dropping branches on them right now.

looking at the rest of that series, 'zoe hates litter' and 'sophie loves her friends' just struck me as more responsible broadcasting. that is all :)

I reckon thats all there is for me to say on it tbh. I've put me soapbox away and shall let what will be, be :)