New Arb Journal

arb culture

Just read the Trees in Towns 2 article last night (I wasn't at last years conference). I thought it was an excellent article - very scathing of the AA in its conclusion!

I also agreed with the section about the 'split personality' of our industry and how this damages our profession. There is a split between the "tree lovers" and the "petrolheads". It's something I have always been aware of, and to a degree I have straddled both parties, but Mark makes the point that arboriculture will not carry the same weight as other professions such as landscape architects/ecologists/town planners while this split personality exists.

I haven't read the article. It's an interesting point about the split personality and professional recognition. Certainly topics for discussion rather than bullet point comment. Currently it is a challenge to see who is leading the industry. It seems to be being pulled in different directions with no clear definitive leaders emerging. I think it stems from the fact that trees are such an immotive subject at so many levels it is a challenge to embrace all the stakeholders views.