starting out...

pyro

Hey folks

As a side line to my thread in employment i thought id start this to know what i need or should expect from working...

Im fresh out of university, Bishop Burton (Environmental Conservation Bsc)

Im willing to work for peanuts just to get my foot in the door.

Anyways, just wondering what i can expect from an employer?

Ie going halves on training courses if i work for them for an amount of time, requirements/minimum tickets for me to start work with some one etc etc

Also ive heard the job center may train me up with the tickets required to start work, just wondered if anyone else had heard this? IM not a fan of going on the dole, but at the moment its my only choice :blushing:

Ben

This Is something I'm also Interested In and I'm not quite sure who to ask about It!

I'm currently on Job seekers, I'm not embarressed by It or anything and don't see why I should be? I'm on It because I'm unemployed and am entitled to It. It's not like I spend my money on Special Brew or Heroin!

I'm at my Nans at the moment but am moving Into the Foyer soon and once I start College In September (Arboriculture NC) I will be swapping my Job Seekers over to Income based as with College 4 days a week I have no otherway of surviving!

Arboriculture Is something that really Interests me and I'm certain this Is what I want to do. But there's alot of Tickets you seem to need alongside the 1 year at College and these cost an awful lot of money, something I can't afford! Is there any help out there for this kind of thing?

Butch

This Is something I'm also Interested In and I'm not quite sure who to ask about It!

I'm currently on Job seekers, I'm not embarressed by It or anything and don't see why I should be? I'm on It because I'm unemployed and am entitled to It. It's not like I spend my money on Special Brew or Heroin!

Butch

Same dude, its just one of those things i swore id never do! if you see my meaning, no offence intended!

Ben

As an employer the thing that impresses the most is something a bit different, you say you are willing to work for peanuts, when starting out I found an offer of let me pop in for a day with my own ppe and you don't need to pay me and you can see what im about was be the key to getting yourself in the door.

Also the colleges in our area offer a service to link potential apprentices with employers.

As an employer the thing that impresses the most is something a bit different, you say you are willing to work for peanuts, when starting out I found an offer of let me pop in for a day with my own ppe and you don't need to pay me and you can see what im about was be the key to getting yourself in the door.

Also the colleges in our area offer a service to link potential apprentices with employers.

Sorry for the double post!

Ordinarily id do that, and im willing to do that, but ive enough money to travel to work a few times and then im out full stop.

Im applying for all jobs going, even if its a mcjob, once i get a few weeks in there, or a cash in hand job ill offer myself for that :001_huh::blushing::001_huh:

thanks

Ben