Heizohack chipper manual

renewablejohn

Anybody have an operators manual for a Heizohack 6-300 which they could email to me. Everything seems right but I cannot get the feed rollers to start.

Anybody with any ideas on what I should be doing???

connect electrics to tractor... turn lights on

when running machine, did red light come on to tell you stress control was set???

run at around 640 rpm and press either max button or up arrow for 10 secs for the red light to come on

if not working, check plug connections

check/change fuse in chipper electric box

and then try again

also shear bolt on pto may have snapped

Make sure you have power to control box , watch what happens on the digital readout . Check in the fuse box for loose wires the vibration has broken a few wires on mine , wiggle each wire . Double check the fuse for corrosion , the manual isnt that good

Thanks for the help.

I will give it all a try but first I need to fix the MB Trac which has just started blowing off at 5 bar instead of 8 bar making it impossible to engage the PTO.

Got a new blow off valve from A C Price so while I was there picked up a manual for the Chipper. Alex suggested to wire direct through a fuse from the battery to the control box as the 7 pin connector is not reliable and if it is wired direct you do not lose the settings every time the ignition is switched off.

Fitted new blow off valve not made the slightest difference. Blow off appeared to be from brake servo traced back and found very thin air pipe had been jiffy strapped and come undone. replaced with proper connector and hey presto job done. Now does anyone want a perfectly good blow off valve??.

As for chipper now up and running which I put down to a loose electrical connection thanks to all for advice.

What is the best speed to run at firewoodman suggests 640 Alex suggested 800 and the manual recommends 750. Its all softwood I am chipping if that makes a difference some green with moisture content of 50-60% and some kiln died at 15-20%.

i've got a 5-400 and run it on 540 pto @650 rpm for hard and soft big wood

run it on 1000pto @650rpm for brushwood i never run it less than 650 on a 140hp tractor

basicly run it as you want, just set the stress control and you should be ok

in my experiance!!!

You really need to run at 750 - 800 revs as Alex suggests

If you have a smaller powered tractor you will need to run 540 pto but your tractor must be running nearly flat out

Using 1000 pto you are almost halving you power output

It all depends on what output you are looking for , ie arb waste where you dont need a lot of output per hour , or biomass where you need max out put using large timber

I use 220 hp 1000 pto at 2100 revs 800 revs on chipper

At this rate the stress relief normaly cuts in once on a 3m length of drysoftwood @ 14-15" dia

You really need to run at 750 - 800 revs as Alex suggests

If you have a smaller powered tractor you will need to run 540 pto but your tractor must be running nearly flat out

Using 1000 pto you are almost halving you power output

It all depends on what output you are looking for , ie arb waste where you dont need a lot of output per hour , or biomass where you need max out put using large timber

I use 220 hp 1000 pto at 2100 revs 800 revs on chipper

At this rate the stress relief normaly cuts in once on a 3m length of drysoftwood @ 14-15" dia

mine wont run over 690 rpm:blushing:

but stress dont cut in much, unless its hardwood

If anybody is interested I am trying to get my Heizohack chipper to produce kiln dried woodchip suitable for direct feed into a briquette machine. I started by using a 50mm screen with infeed as slow as possible and 800 rpm chip speed. The target is to get woodchip less than 10mm for the briquette machine. Actual output approx 50% less than 10mm. I have now changed the screen to 30mm and still using a slow infeed and 800 rpm, approx 90% of output is less than 10mm. I really need a 10mm screen but Heizohack do not manufacture one so I may just have to sieve the 90% and take out the oversize element.

If anybody is interested I am trying to get my Heizohack chipper to produce kiln dried woodchip suitable for direct feed into a briquette machine. I started by using a 50mm screen with infeed as slow as possible and 800 rpm chip speed. The target is to get woodchip less than 10mm for the briquette machine. Actual output approx 50% less than 10mm. I have now changed the screen to 30mm and still using a slow infeed and 800 rpm, approx 90% of output is less than 10mm. I really need a 10mm screen but Heizohack do not manufacture one so I may just have to sieve the 90% and take out the oversize element.

i am intrested, looking to do the same myself

might need a hammermill though

too late now, will add more later